Recovery Speed Vs Isat

I was wondering how comparable the Recovery speed adjustment is to an ISAT(Intelligent Self Adjusting Threshold) setting. 

As an example the Legend, Equinox 800/900, Deus/D2 have a Recovery/Reactivity adjustment. I understand it's purpose & application.

The Anfibio Multi & I assume Multi Kruzer have an ISAT(IMASK on Anfibio 19)    Are they basically the same? The Users Manual hints there is some difference.

• Like 1

A good way to remember the difference is SAT is about the strength of the signal; recovery is about the length of the signal. SAT is about tuning out unwanted targets like hot rocks while keeping good targets like gold. Recovery is more about separation of targets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two different things.

SAT is more a continuous threshold based all metal function designed to smooth the threshold. The autotune is always trying to bring the threshold back to it's setting, and how quickly it does that is either preset or adjustable.

Recovery Speed or Reactivity in its various flavors is aimed more at gated discrimination target responses, and governs how quickly one target can be dropped and the next picked up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies. Good information.  Where I was getting unsure is the Anfibio's iSAT is for the motion Disc modes too. The manual speaks to Ground noise & Hot rocks but nothing about reset speed on targets.

I always ran the Anfibio with the iSAT at 00.  After learning the effects/applications of Recovery speed on the Legend I have been revisiting the Anfibio. iSat at 01-02 seems to help target response at depth. So I have learned something.  The Legend is a deep unit largely because you can run high sensitivity & still remain stable. The Anfibio seems to have more raw power if you can crank it up to 90+ but you better be waay out in the boonies or it gets noisy. Adding a little Disc helps calm it down. The Frequency shift has never been effective.    I've got a deep sand site with a thick layer of Pine needles laying on top I'm trying to conquer.

With newer digital models the discrete way of looking at things gets mushy as they can digitally meld functions now in a way they could not with analog. There are hybrid functions that affect multiple parameters. The word "intelligent" added to any function implies just that. Companies are also naming things in ways that violate the old conventions so what they name it does not always mean what it says. Due to this I am more a "test it in the field and see what it does" kind of guy personally. It is what it does. :smile:

• Like 2

Exactly