Little San Domingo Wash Hunt GPX 6000

Great to hear Jeff, the audio fix was a game changer for me, went from not liking the detector to now finding it quite good.

Glad to see you found a nuggie too and happy your injury is at a point where you are out and about detecting again.

• Like 1

Jeff- what do you think about the stock 11-inch mono vs the 10x5 in terms of performance?

• Like 1

For me, the stock 11" Mono coil is hyper-sensitive to EMI. The Coiltek 10X5" is not as sensitive to EMI and from that plate of trash, it is very sensitive to really small sub 0.1 gram targets even without using maxed out sensitivity levels. It also is very easy to swing.

If I wanted maximum small to mid sized coil depth and more coverage I would definitely use the 11" coil. If EMI is a problem and the terrain is crying for a smaller coil, the 10X5" is definitely an improvement. 

I have not been able to use any of the Nugget Finder coils yet.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

DSCN0476.jpeg

Well Jeff this Geof with one F not 2 like you.  It looks like you need me to rescue your single nugget from all that junk attacking it. 😀 

• Like 1

Nice job! That's a lot of trash for the San Domingo placers. It's always fun to hang out with Bill. I did the audio fix and have the Coiltek 9 round mounted on the 6k as my default coil. It is a great coil for tight areas and fairly stable. For more coverage I use the Z/12 NF (it's also my to go detector combo).

GC

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Nice job! That's a lot of trash for the San Domingo placers. It's always fun to hang out with Bill. I did the audio fix and have the Coiltek 9 round mounted on the 6k as my default coil. It is a great coil for tight areas and fairly stable. For more coverage I use the Z/12 NF (it's also my to go detector combo).

GC

This was the first time I was able to use my audio modded 6000 with the 10X5 Coiltek so I was digging absolutely anything that remotely whimpered just to see what that combination could do.

It certainly cleaned up a lot of trash. 

• Like 4

Jeff, Glad to see you out there chasing the heavy metal and cleaning up the environment for all of our youth days of running around with .22 rifles and slinging lead at anything that moved.  Yes, I was one of those youngsters that shot up more bottles tweety birds and split the ears of jackrabbits for nothing more to do than get rif of a brick of ammo.

Good report on the EMI update and yes that's quite a few targets, so tell me the CoilTek GoldHawk 10" Ellip is getting the bushes and between rocks quite well.  

I need to get down there one winter and say hello to Bill, it's been a while since I chatted with him.  Who knows, might even chase a few nuggets with him one day.

Does anyone know if Minelab Australia or other ever did come out with the serial #'s of the faulty GPX-6000's?  Maybe a post in times past on here that I missed?  I had a customer want to take advantage of the free Gold Monster 1000 with a GPX-6000 purchase during Christmas, but he wanted to know if my inventory was the new updated version without the issues? As a dealer who sells most of the higher end Gold Machines, I expected an email or update?   

Nice gold and again thanks for providing us some feedback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1