Wireless Headphone For My Nox 600 Advice

moiloon

hi, recently got my 1st detector the nox 600, and still getting to grips with my new toy and hobby, i am having trouble with getting multiple sets of wireless headphones to show the + for the low latency, even though they are models that other users seem to have no trouble with i have now tried multiple ear buds, and just bought a set of August EP650 which are supposedly aptx-ll, I bought these after reading many threads online, and watching a few videos and the EP650 seemed a popular and financially great buy and all ive seen and read do indeed show this model headphone connected to the equinox range and have the +, so bought them i did, they pair perfectly fine as expected, but do not give the + symbol at all ,tried factory preset/default upon starting up the nox, but same outcome, i probably now have spent on multiple earbuds and headphones more than i would have to get the minelab wireless module ect haha, anyhow could someone possibly shed some light on possible reasons the EP650 just dont wanna play nice on my machine, my nox does have most upto date firmware, but unsure that could cause any issues, but as im new to this, im thinking all possible scenarios , im starting to go a little insane over it 

Welcome to the forum.

Are you looking for over ear or on-ear headphones? This is the place where you'll get the most info. I assume you are in the USA.

These are on-ear and work very well, they're about $40. they're also noise cancelling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085DKHY5K

These are my favorite, they are over ear, very light, very loud, and are also around $40

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY

When pairing headphones for the first time you should probably do a system reset, restart the detector, then start the process. Turn on wireless/Bluetooth and wait for the wireless icon to go away. Turn on the headphones, hang them from the arm cuff, and walk away and have some coffee or something, when you come back they will be paired. 😀 Always know how to put your headphones in pairing mode, it helps later. You won't have to do that first time out of the box.

I have a 600 and have used the on-ear headphones for two years now with no problems.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome to the forum.

Are you looking for over ear or on-ear headphones? This is the place where you'll get the most info. I assume you are in the USA.

These are on-ear and work very well, they're about $40. they're also noise cancelling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085DKHY5K

These are my favorite, they are over ear, very light, very loud, and are also around $40

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY

When pairing headphones for the first time you should probably do a system reset, restart the detector, then start the process. Turn on wireless/Bluetooth and wait for the wireless icon to go away. Turn on the headphones, hang them from the arm cuff, and walk away and have some coffee or something, when you come back they will be paired. 😀 Always know how to put your headphones in pairing mode, it helps later. You won't have to do that first time out of the box.

I have a 600 and have used the on-ear headphones for two years now with no problems.

im in fact in UK,  so many links to things on amazon here in the forum would involve insane shipping to me, or even sometimes not available for me to be able to purchase, the August EP650 should work though right? is anyone here using them with the 600 ? as that be helpful to verify, and thanks very much for your reply, im very grateful

22 minutes ago, moiloon said:

im in fact in UK,  so many links to things on amazon here in the forum would involve insane shipping to me, or even sometimes not available for me to be able to purchase, the August EP650 should work though right? is anyone here using them with the 600 ? as that be helpful to verify, and thanks very much for your reply, im very grateful

Aha, thought you might not be in the USA. 😀 Amazon UK charges extra shipping? 🤔 I'd look them up there.

Looked up your headphones, the reviews say they work with the 600 and 800. Not sure why you're having that problem, maybe your tea break was not long enough. 😉

Make sure both the headphones and Equinox are in pairing mode, the best way to get the Equinox in pairing mode is as I described above.

Also make sure you reset your headphones first before doing anything, or at least determine how to put them in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is flashing on the Equinox. 

It can take anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes to pair, also make sure your cellphone is not in the room or had Bluetooth turned off. That may also help. 🙂

• Like 1

thing is that the headphones pair to the nox within 20secs or so, should the + symbol come on as soon as they are paired also, or can that take a little while longer? every video ect ive watched shows the + comes on a soon as paired, and once again very grateful for your responses to advise on my query

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moiloon said:

thing is that the headphones pair to the nox within 20secs or so, should the + symbol come on as soon as they are paired also, or can that take a little while longer? every video ect ive watched shows the + comes on a soon as paired, and once again very grateful for your responses to advise on my query

Some headphones just don't play well. Yes, the + should show up at the same time. There might be a special setting on the headphones?

I don't have experience with the headphones you are trying. I have about 4 different types that all pair well, even earbuds that I don't like, and I think they discontinued them. I provided USA links to the headphones I use, here's my favorite on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightweight-Bluetooth-Headphones-Multipoint-Connectivity-5-0-USB-C/dp/B08QRQMLVY

I looked for the others I know work on the UK site but only found these. 🙂

• Like 1

so the above creative headphones definetly work? dont want to buy another set and have the same scenario, as the august ep650 was led to believe they also definetly work, haha, forgive my sceptisism, haha

edit, well i bought the above recomendation, got what should be a very good deal on refurbished set from ebay, heres a link, theres x5 sets left if there arre any uk users here, admin pleaase remove link if not allowed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284667936690?hash=item424787ffb2:g:AxUAAOSwjmtiF1qH&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAABIA05sjz4CuDYSGjZBrd7l52ZxwDyog80bJhkWyzuTXrNQJCZC4wESObhD%2BvOxYt8GpR12fnKWG8qyxnwWXvqfv%2FB2Hv%2BgvHDOlSHbQmwrT4LchSAvr5AhfsRKik7WUc25uWyl3GP33kghq1jR%2Bvh8wH%2FTmrtlTtSmnXo0s4WP9fkztJfQPM7uWA%2BwTyB0ApC2RONaO8hjJXL4x%2F2QcRP%2FDufVlWWGb1Z39%2F3TLzq4k2HfyV33CLTlb8r%2BySb%2B4JLQeyWxygw%2FSJMclIlGf%2B9zs%2F57PSD1THARi7uaEZARSiL%2FAsshaRcVQBdtW1DBTJXv2cwflA8Eh4F0wbj48avUQhG29PqNYkNopgzRNRbOgk3zi63DoHxgUT6gbFYNg0atg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8KWn6baYQ

• Like 1

Hi, i have the EP650 on my Nox600, have the  " + " , working very good

The Headphone have Version BT 4.2 ,

in later models i think there was a change in the BT to 5.0

I have try BT 5.0 on my Nox600, but it would not connect....

Sorry for my poor english 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moiloon said:

so the above creative headphones definetly work? dont want to buy another set and have the same scenario, as the august ep650 was led to believe they also definetly work, haha, forgive my sceptisism, haha

Yes they do. Even the BT 5.0 version. I have two pairs of them bought months apart.

They're on-ear and have bass boost, they will give you some situational awareness and sound much better than the XP backphones. I can wear them all year.

You might want to wrap the top band with something they're not uncomfortable by themselves but I used some wrap tape.20230309_115228.thumb.jpg.4d5fad2cb1e1513b8c95481144e7aeae.jpg

Here's some more info on them:

https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/sound-blaster-jam-v2

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fd001 said:

Hi, i have the EP650 on my Nox600, have the  " + " , working very good

The Headphone have Version BT 4.2 ,

in later models i think there was a change in the BT to 5.0

I have try BT 5.0 on my Nox600, but it would not connect....

Sorry for my poor english 🙂

this possibly my problem with the ep650, wonder if possible to find firmware and flash them to lower revision firmware