Wireless Headphone For My Nox 600 Advice

moiloon

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yes they do. Even the BT 5.0 version. I have two pairs of them bought months apart.

They're on-ear and have bass boost, they will give you some situational awareness and sound much better than the XP backphones. I can wear them all year.

You might want to wrap the top band with something they're not uncomfortable by themselves but I used some wrap tape.20230309_115228.thumb.jpg.4d5fad2cb1e1513b8c95481144e7aeae.jpg

Here's some more info on them:

https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/sound-blaster-jam-v2

are you using the deus though with the sound blaster jam v2? and not he nox?? 

5 hours ago, PUHH said:

I have ep650 (BT 4.2) - work well on my equinox 600

and they show the +?   why will mine just not work grrrrrrr, is there a specific process you use? as i seem to have tried every way imaginable, even last night went down to lower firmware on the nox, same, so went back up to the latest as it changed nothing regarding my issue

46 minutes ago, moiloon said:

He uses them on the Nox too.  They work fine and yes the + symbol shows up when paired.  He has tried a number of different 3rd party wireless headsets with the Nox.  He only recommends those he has tested and that he himself verified work in low latency mode, so heed his advice.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, moiloon said:

Sorry for the photo showing them with the Deus, as Chase wrote I have used them with both. I merely posted that photo to show you the wrap tape. Took the picture for another post to show they're ok with the Deus 2 as well with an Aptx-LL transmitter plugged into the backphone puck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moiloon said:

and they show the +?   why will mine just not work grrrrrrr, is there a specific process you use? as i seem to have tried every way imaginable, even last night went down to lower firmware on the nox, same, so went back up to the latest as it changed nothing regarding my issue

Do a factory reset on the Nox and if the EP650 has a reset feature, try that as well and then attempt a re-pairing.  If your EP650 is now labled as BT 5.X, they may have gone to a newer chipset that deleted APTX-LL compatibility in favor of APTX Adaptive (even though BT 5.X compliant Headsets can still support the APTX-LL chipset).  APTX Adaptive may be configured in firmware to either support or not support APTX-LL legacy.  It's kind of a crapshoot, unfortunately.

• Like 1

csr8645 Is what my EP650 show up as in device manager if i connect via usb to pc ,how can i find out what bt version my h/phones actually are? on August website for the product they only seem to state bt 4.2. wonder if my nox is at fault here defective bt or something

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moiloon said:

csr8645 Is what my EP650 show up as in device manager if i connect via usb to pc ,how can i find out what bt version my h/phones actually are? on August website for the product they only seem to state bt 4.2. wonder if my nox is at fault here defective bt or something

Cap'n if they don't work you're obsessing over a square peg not going in a round hole, or whipping a dead horse. 🙂 You tried everything with those headphones. The creative phones will work, as long as you didn't get the 4.1 model. If they say V2 on the box they will work.

• Like 2

ive now given up, haha, i took your advice on the creative sound blaster jam v2 anyhow, given the ep650 to my son for his console, but im very appreciative for the wise words and willingness to help, so thankyou sir

• Like 2