Fisher Zts Pulse Induction Nail Bed Test

Looks like Fisher was able to do some great iron discrimination with the Impulse AQ pulse induction detector on larger gold targets. Does anyone know if this ZTS technology is moving forward or if there was a problem with it's actual performance on in ground targets. I do like the presentation with the rings and nails together.

• Like 5

I'd like to see a much smaller range of gold targets under the same test conditions....very interesting. The audio reminds me of the early Foster designs....very retro, luv it!

• Like 1

It’s said seeing is believing but I’m not so sure about what I just seen to believe it. For Fisher I hope it is true.

Who knows Texas may be first in some way but that’s to be seen.

Chuck 

• Like 1

You know Steve I should have remembered that being I had one of the first two hundred TDI’s that came out Whites door. 
 I remember the first time I used it was on a beach in Mississippi and it had nails everywhere but worked great cutting them out.

Chuck 

Yeah, I fell for that test too. Sure, you can reproduce it, but, that's not a real world test. Bury those targets deep in wet salt water sand with a bobby pin or RUSTY iron at various depths around the target. Add some black sand to the mix and salt water rushing over the coil. Then see what kind of signal you get. At my beaches, you end up digging everything as the discrimination just isn't reliable.

• Like 1

Very similar detecting characteristics as the TDI Pro for sure,Fisher seem to be totally lost as a detector manufacturer these days,was only just a few year back one of the top brands but these days becoming a 'has been company' very quickly.