Well done and congratulations. I hope to see more posts like this in the coming months with people really maxing out the capabilities of this detector.

It’s cool you got to compare the same target with a tried and true PI like the SDC, because if that SDC says to dig you dig….unless it simply cannot see it for whatever reason. I don’t see this as a PI vs. PI or Brand vs. Brand situation but rather an advancement in sensitivity and closing detecting holes. If I had an SDC, I’d keep it because few detectors are going to perform as reliably as that tank. Minelab made something special in that machine, but it is simply a tool and every tool has its limitations.

There’s no test that can demonstrate your real world experience, so this kind of detailed post is super helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 5:44 PM, All_Metal_Mode said:

Well done and congratulations. I hope to see more posts like this in the coming months with people really maxing out the capabilities of this detector.

It’s cool you got to compare the same target with a tried and true PI like the SDC, because if that SDC says to dig you dig….unless it simply cannot see it for whatever reason. I don’t see this as a PI vs. PI or Brand vs. Brand situation but rather an advancement in sensitivity and closing detecting holes. If I had an SDC, I’d keep it because few detectors are going to perform as reliably as that tank. Minelab made something special in that machine, but it is simply a tool and every tool has its limitations.

There’s no test that can demonstrate your real world experience, so this kind of detailed post is super helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Here are some pictures of the gold i recovered, my camera is busted so i had to utilize the selfi camera, why the garrett on the coil is backwards. 

• Like 1

The one thing I can say about the SDC2300 is that I have never seen a detector that is so immune to ground mineralization.  I have places where the GPZ7000 screams like a banshee.  The SDC2300 purrs like a kitten.

I am not super fond of the small coil, and I know a lot of users have been delighted when stepping up to the Coiltek coil which I understand works exceptionally well.

Doc

• Like 6