Manticore Headphone Option Experimentation/experiences

I have not even tried to plug in my ctx (sunray) phones to the m-core but will soon as we are heading to Pismo in April and I'll be bringing back ups of back ups as I cannot rely on the M-core speaker to work properly. 

strick 

• Oh my! 2

10 hours ago, PUHH said:

Disassemble ML-105

ML can use board from ml-105/85 to make transmiter (like wm-08) . 

Screenshot_2023-03-16-11-06-34-328_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.720d2c5d4bfb320ee51a460c90f8dded.jpg

Аuthor of the video decided to make one himself, the board has everything you need. You just need to add a connector and buttons.

You mean "receiver" like the WM-08, but good info. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I would hope that if ML has locked down 3rd party compatibility of the wireless capability if their newest detectors that they are at least working on providing a compatible wireless receiver similar to the WM08 that will allow use of user-preferred wired phones untethered from the detector.

I've asked that question to Minelab support in november. Their answer:
There is not an optional wireless module available like the WM08. WM08 / WM10 /WM12 are not compatible with the manticore.

I've asked for audio options again yesterday. No answer so far.

• 1 month later...

Any news on wireless headphones?

Still one of the main reasons I wouldn't buy one atm 🙄

The sound and comfort of the ML 105's is great for me , BUT , in windy conditions on the beach they are the noisiest headphones I have ever used . Something about the exterior shape causes wind noise to be severe .

• Like 1

The standard headphones work well enough but will be too warm when it gets to summertime.  

The lack of waterproofing is a concern as well, currently getting round it by wearing a hoodie or hooded jacket that I can pull over them if needed but I'd prefer to be able to use some wireless waterproof buds like I did with my nox.

I have resorted to using a $ 29 BT LL transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. 

I glued Velcro strip on the cover for the manticore and the other Velcro on the back of the transmitter, it stays stuck right over the back of the housing while plugged into the headphone jack. 

I have several ear buds that work with it. 

Volume on the Manticore has been rather tricky, not sure if this is my hack transmitter or just how the manticore works.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dug D said:

I have resorted to using a $ 29 BT LL transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. 

I glued Velcro strip on the cover for the manticore and the other Velcro on the back of the transmitter, it stays stuck right over the back of the housing while plugged into the headphone jack. 

Volume on the Manticore has been rather tricky, not sure if this is my hack transmitter or just how the manticore works.   

I have done the same and it has worked great.  Ear buds are just a better overall experience, especially in the hot summer days.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:39 PM, Dug D said:

Instead of glue and velcro check out 3m Command velcro strips.  No mess!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 1:39 AM, Dug D said:

That doesn't really work for us waterhunters..

Ok, no solution yet - no Manticore for me! 😤