I Had To Take A Few Bullets For What I Got

10 hours ago, jim tn said:

Some nice finds! Probably not, but at first glance your oval piece looked like a lever to a carbine rifle. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim,

I was thinking scissors or something but it doesn't appear to be broken. The three nubs on it make me think it was centered in something. Some obscure tool maybe 🤔 

There have been a few mentions about scale in this forum, maybe I should make good 🤔20230313_065851.thumb.jpg.d5fa2e5df9bc2af9d3239ed3e8dca0cb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice relics and older coins F350!!! That is a very good afternoon's hunt, and silver....especially old silver dating back to a time when Daniel Boone was settling in Kentucky... is always welcome.

This made a very interesting read and your photos are excellent. 🙂 Thank you... Jim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just when you think it couldn't get any better for you, you hit it out of the park again.

Great hunt once again.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Man, you are on a roll this year!

Thanks NC, it seems like it. I hope I'm not making this look easy, Chase mentioned that I need to somehow illustrate the amount of walking and "dead time" it takes in large fields like this to find anything of value, the trash only tells part of the story. 😵 You pay for it in shoes and anti-inflammatory medicine 😀

The golf cart only gets you there. 😁 Saved about a mile of walking.

What was going on here about 200 years ago is really beginning to gel in my mind, so yeah, the finds seem to be getting better. I wish I could find photos that tell the story in a more detailed way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, matt said:

Fantastic finds 350! Congrats.

Thanks Matt, this is one of the first places I got permission to hunt, it's nice that it keeps on giving. 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jim Hemmingway said:

Nice relics and older coins F350!!! That is a very good afternoon's hunt, and silver....especially old silver dating back to a time when Daniel Boone was settling in Kentucky... is always welcome.

This made a very interesting read and your photos are excellent. 🙂 Thank you... Jim.

Thanks Jim!

This time I found the "cutting board" for coins, probably the most interesting thing I've found to date, but not the oldest. Most folks don't know that Spanish currency was used right up to the 1850s, and the only way to make change was to cut it. That old large cent saw a few silvers, shame the parts weren't everywhere. 😀 The first coins I ever found detecting were cut 1 Reale pistareens.

I'll probably never beat the half coin I dug in another field a while back (1607), lost very early in this countries' history, but it sure is interesting to try.

• Like 2