Wow Joe, that is awesome to hear and I am honored to be part of this very exclusive club! Thanks for sharing and kudos to you as well.  George.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Compass said:

college class rings in the world

Incidentally, that's similar to "World Series" and "World-Famous Roast Beef" in that, despite the claim, class rings are a purely American thing that the rest of the world is mostly unaware of. I remember marveling at the absolute clonkers worn by high school exchange students when I still lived in Germany. 

Congrats on the find and on the successful return!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Incidentally, that's similar to "World Series" and "World-Famous Roast Beef" in that, despite the claim, class rings are a purely American thing that the rest of the world is mostly unaware of. I remember marveling at the absolute clonkers worn by high school exchange students when I still lived in Germany. 

Congrats on the find and on the successful return!

Thanks SwiftSword, The reason I said that is because I read somewhere that Aggies have recognized other Aggies around the world because of their rings. However, I think I know what you mean and have often wondered about us (Americans) claiming to be world champions in baseball or basketball or anything when the rest of the world is not considered.

Did you find the ring on the beach where the guy lost it?  I would imagine a ring that heavy would not travel too far but beaches and storms can do strange things.

Thanks for the posting and the lookup.

I would hope that Aggies would have another 'tradition' of paying a hefty return/finders fee so that it would encourage more of their frequently lost rings to be returned.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Did you find the ring on the beach where the guy lost it?  I would imagine a ring that heavy would not travel too far but beaches and storms can do strange things.

Thanks for the posting and the lookup.

I would hope that Aggies would have another 'tradition' of paying a hefty return/finders fee so that it would encourage more of their frequently lost rings to be returned.

Based on my conversation with the gentleman and the fact that the ring didn't show signs of wear after being in the intertidal zone for 14 years I would think that the ring didn't move much from where it was lost. My guess is that it sank down deep into the wet sand pretty quickly because of its weight and was only findable when the sand above it was stripped away. However, I must say that I and others have hunted the area where the ring was found many times within the past 14 years and often after major sand movement. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1