o I finally have some production models of the New dual adjustment bungee I designed. I think I am going to call this one the QWEEGLE. Sort of a combination of Quick Bungee and Double for Double adjustment.
I know a lot of you use your own harness, which in a lot of instances is a modified Camel Back. Camel Backs are great because they provide hydration and give you a great place to hook a bungee cord up to.
Well I have thought long and hard about now to improve the QWEEGEE bungee which allowed you to adjust the length of the bungee where it attached to the rod. The BOOMERANG bungee which I also invented allowed you to adjust the length of the bungee at the "D" ring.
The big issue with the QWEEGEE, was that you could only detach the bungee at the "D" ring, so when you laid your detector down the bungee was lying in the dirt. There was no way to detach the bungee from the shaft of the detector. Also where the bungee snapped onto the "D" ring it was pretty clumsy to get it on and off. I wear gloves, and when you wear gloves, small pieces of plastic are hard to deal with.
So here was my challenge.
1. Design a bungee that could be adjusted with at the "D" ring or where the bungee attached to the rod.
2. Design a bungee that could easily be detached from the detector. or the "D" ring.
3. Make the process of detaching the bungee really easy and effortless.
4. Provide an optional attachment ring that would be similar to a "D" ring but be more durable, easier to attach to, allow the user to stitch it onto their own harness, and not turn around in the webbing you use to attach it. Standard "D" rings, always manage to wiggle around in the webbing and end up looking just like this "D" running vertical instead of like a U where the curved part of the "D" stays at the bottom.
First part: Easy on and off attachment snap that attaches to "D" ring. Nice and hefty and durable. A thumb tab, to allow you to remove the bungee from the adjustment groove using one hand. Second Picture: Adjustment groove in snap. Lift or lower your detector while the bungee is out of the adjustment groove to find the right length, give a slight tug down to seat the bungee in the groove and lock the bungee to a perfect length for detecting comfort.
SHAFT ATTACHMENT ADJUSTMENT Point.
Long non-slip strap that will accommodate all known detector shafts, even the Garret ATX Deep Seeker that has a rod the size of a baseball bat.
• Easily attach or detach bungee by pulling the bungee in or out of the SLIDE SLOT. Picture 3
• Easily adjust the length of the bungee by lifting your detector up or down, and then tugging the bungee up into the adjustment groove when you find the proper length. Picture 4
• Use the shaft attachment point only as an attachment point, and don't use the adjustment feature. Simply put the loop at the end on the bungee onto the shaft attachment point. Then you can use the snap at the "D" ring to make adjustments Picture 5
Then we have the optional non-slip "O" ring that I designed . Supplied with a piece of webbing for you to attach to your favorite harness system. I designed all of these pieces. I had to have injection molds made (not cheap) and had the parts molded out of Nyglass, which is a darn near bulletproof material. That "O" ring is 2 1/4 inside diameter. A blind drunk monkey could attach the snap to this "O" ring without ever worrying about having to see it.
So I would love to hear your input. I have just 10 from the first production run. The rest will be sent by boat. Only the plastic parts and the strap are being shipped, we assemble the parts with the bungee here in Henderson. Some things are OK to have made in China, but bungee cord is not one of them. We use a very expensive high quality marine grade bungee.
Well it is rainy so no beach today--- i go to work for 4 10s that means I will work thru the rain and then it will be beach time next tuesday!!!
Here is a picture for us OLD 7000 users--it is a 3rd arm device the Army is prototyping to relieve weight issues for heavy weapons users (much heavier than the 7000)
This is what happens when i have too much time...lol
By Rivers rat
Aloha just bought an harness after searching everywhere in the UK i could locate one wich was multi purpose :
Good for my CTX but also able to carry my deepstar on my chest ......i am really looking toward hitting the beaches .....i invested a fair amount of cash now its time to start digging......once i found a few gold rings i ll get a 15" coil for my deepstar and a CTX battery charger(another £400 i guess)but hey no guts no glory!!!!