Well I Didn't Get Much But I'm Fine With It, Still On A Roll

6 hours ago, Jim Hemmingway said:

I think you are doing well F350. Yes, we experience both productive and not-so-productive field excursions, but nonetheless, I feel that your persistence, enterprise, and effort in the field will pay dividends over the long haul. 

All the very best next time out. 🙂 

Jim.

Thanks Jim,

I'm not complaining, it was a relief to get anything after 3 hours of absolutely nothing. 😀 It was also great to find a large cent with identifiable marks on it, and I never tire of digging buttons. 🙂 Yesterday I wasn't feeling all that great due to being house bound with bad weather, I have a bit of a heart condition that affects me more when inactive.

I stayed in that spot hoping that the pocket hole these "sharp shins" often make was larger, even dug some nearby iron to eliminate masking.

With over 400 years of history occurring in this farm, I know I will again find something spectacular. 👍 just gotta get my coil over it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another nice hunt for you even though you think otherwise.

Wish I could get out there and find some of those nice items, but all I can do is work on projects around here and then it's to late to get out there.

Next month I head back to the Gulf area for more work, so I don't know when I will ever get back to detecting.

Good luck on your next outing and look for the old outhouses and follow the path to the house and barn.

Thanks VL, sorry you are in a situation where there's nothing you can put off to get some detecting in. 😪 Retirement was the key for me.

One of the great things about these large places is that so many have their eyes on the prize, and they don't bother to put in the effort to do some long range scouting. I've found many hotspots this way, and surely will find more. You can walk right through one or around it, I've seen it happen. Sometimes comically so. 🤣

I really want to get the message out there that stuff doesn't magically appear (well not always), you have to sometimes put in significant effort.

• Like 5

Wow again, F350, that cut 2 Reale is in great shape! A Button and Largey and Spanish Silver, oh my! Congrats again!

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow again, F350, that cut 2 Reale is in great shape! A Button and Largey and Spanish Silver, oh my! Congrats again!

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

Thanks Cap'n, even returning to my original permissions has been doing me a good turn. Went back today and didn't get much again, it was cloudy and colder and rained, so I took my wife out to dinner. 😀20230317_174546.thumb.jpg.730d27230a09163200fd843020c0e6a2.jpg

At least I got a coin, some jewelry, and a button. The barrel tap is pretty cool too.

• Like 8

Slow find days are important !

Need them to keep you humble.🤩

And the average score is quite high compared to mine , but I'm not alone . 

And last but not least , you're  a great inspiration for all of us  "junk janitors" of the hobby...👍 

25 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

And last but not least , you're  a great inspiration for all of us  "junk janitors" of the hobby...👍 

Thanks RVP,

I'd much rather Pinpoint than Pontificate. 🤣 Here's all the junk I janitored yesterday:20230317_171745.thumb.jpg.b66a0012b9f95873cc5cdac131a4bfe0.jpg

I think that large round thing with the reeds is from some kind of instrument, and the 3 ringers are not minies but some kind of 52 caliber bullet from back in the day. 🤔

• Like 3

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks RVP,

I'd much rather Pinpoint than Pontificate. 🤣 Here's all the junk I janitored yesterday:20230317_171745.thumb.jpg.b66a0012b9f95873cc5cdac131a4bfe0.jpg

I think that large round thing with the reeds is from some kind of instrument, and the 3 ringers are not minies but some kind of 52 caliber bullet from back in the day. 🤔

Congrats on more goodies and I love the Indian! I was going to ask you about the round thing. I found one just like it at the site I recently hunted and thought the same thing but can't think of what kind of instrument it came from, but it must have been fairly popular if you found one in Virginia and found one in Colorado.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Congrats on more goodies and I love the Indian! I was going to ask you about the round thing. I found one just like it at the site I recently hunted and thought the same thing but can't think of what kind of instrument it came from, but it must have been fairly popular if you found one in Virginia and found one in Colorado.

At first I thought of this:fi2d70quszoiswgbqrkt.jpg.0aafaef1cc87da5b637358a26ce1ff58.jpg

But I think it has 13 reeds, not 12. 🤔

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks RVP,

I'd much rather pinpoint than pontificate.I'm not certain if it qualifies as such.... But nice prose mr.rose!

• Haha 1