Testing D2 Programs On The Land That Time Forgot

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks F350! Your Relic Reaper program was the best of the lot for revealing iron with minmal falsing. It inspired my wide open Fast Full Tones program which acts very similar with iron. I can hear it all, but with the Iron Volume at 3 it doesn't overpower the good targets and reveals itself on the 90° turn. Most of the iron I only dug to verify or because it sounded like something interesting like a lock or spike.

I was also testing wide open vs notched programs. I found that using a low Disc (0-6.8) with low Notch (10-30) with Pitch audio helped to find good targets in the vast iron debris and switching to wide open (very low Disc and no Notch) with Full Tones and slowing down helped to hear the deep whispers and that seems to work really well. The D2's audio is amazingly descriptive.

Yeah some times those big shallow chunks can really wake ya up 🤣

I turn iron volume down a notch sometimes myself, and generally have the audio level at 8 until it gets windy. The backphones are fine but they don't really sit well over my ears. Been pushing up the reactivity a bit as well, 1.5 seems to be well within Chase's mention of "diminishing returns". I've also noticed as the soil dries out that lowering sensitivity to 95 is better, but it still feels like I'm missing deeper stuff if I'm not hearing some chatter. 🤔

• Like 2

That was a fine hunt there CPT! I spend a good amount of time over targets cycling through programs like you did to see what combo of settings might sound better. Probably not the most efficient use of my time but I like doing it and I learn from it. F350's Reaper certainly has inspired me to take a new approach in setting up my programs.

• Like 2