Equinox 900 Gold Numbers

Sam

Hello.  I purchased a 900 and had some questions regarding the readouts.  All the videos I have watched and even what the instructions manual suggest is that small gold nuggets should read out at low number on the display.  Typically 0-8 from what Ive seen. Thats not the case for my machine.  The numbers displayed have consistently been in the high teens to mid 20's while testing with small nuggets.  Im not sure why I am seeing these numbers instead of the numbers expected.  Im using the default settings out of the box on gold 1 and gold 2.  Both with the same results.  If anyone can provide any input that would be great.  

Are you sure you are not viewing Equinox 800 videos?  Minelab changed the target ID scale from -10 to 40 on the Equinox 600/800 to -19 to 99 on the Equinox 700/900.  Therefore, videos showing gold target IDs on the Nox 600/800 will have lower numbers than you will have for the same targets detected by the Nox 700/900.  Gold target IDs also vary widely based on the size and purity of the nugget (or gold jewelry target).  The numbers you are getting are likely correct for your 900.

See below for additional discussion on Equinox 900 target IDs.  Manticore uses the same target ID scale so Manticore target IDs for similar targets should be close to what you would see on the Equinox 900, as well.

• Like 2

The attachment is according to equinox 900 manual.  That being said I did go down to my local miners shop and they have yet to play around with the 900 being that it is still fairly new.  They are familiar with the 800 numbers and they were caught off guard at the numbers the 900 was displaying.  For instance a US dime was giving a readout of 80.  Also a US nickel was giving a readout of 28 where it usually gives out a read of 13 on the 800.  That was according to their experience.   I put various pieces of gold under the coil.  Very small stuff .1 gram and under did give out that low read I was looking for.  A .2 gram is giving me 18, .8 gram is giving me 24 and 3 gram nugget was in the 30's.  I guess what it comes down to is there is still much to learn and to dig it all for now.  I will go through various targets and creat a personal chart for reference.  

Screenshot_20230318_093543.jpg

This seems to link in a bit with what I'm talking about here

• 1 month later...