4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes, when you post you post. It's been a while man, great to see ya back!

Like the background for the coins too. 🙂

It has been a while for sure and I don’t always post my finds.   This one was kinda epic for me because I was just looking for spare change.  Went back this afternoon and nothing but modern junk.  I do really enjoy your posts.  😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JCR said:

Maybe there’s more!😃

I tried but, no luck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROCKINGCM said:

It has been a while for sure and I don’t always post my finds.   This one was kinda epic for me because I was just looking for spare change.  Went back this afternoon and nothing but modern junk.  I do really enjoy your posts.  😀

😀 Believe it or not I don't always post either, but I get out detecting so much that I find a lot of stuff. Got a ridiculous amount of land to cover now.

I'm glad to see you posting something spectacular, I've only found 3 seateds so far. One dime and two halves, all in the same field but totally at random on different hunts. Great luck! 🍀

• Like 1

Both quite low mintage date+mm's and the quarter's condition is excellent

Either one is a trophy and you got two in a short time! 

I misread the denoms.  The half isn't particularly low mintage for that time period and denomination but the super condition makes up for that.  I agree with Gold Seeker on the 1856-S quarter's scarcity although the ding in it takes its value down, unfortunately.  Still would love to find something like that myself, though.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Both quite low mintage date+mm's and the quarter's condition is excellent

Either one is a trophy and you got two in a short time! 

I misread the denoms.  The half isn't particularly low mintage for that time period and denomination but the super condition makes up for that.  I agree with Gold Seeker on the 1856-S quarter's scarcity although the ding in it takes its value down, unfortunately.  Still would love to find something like that myself, though.

Both coins were maybe 2 feet apart.   They both rang up 96 on the D2 and the half came out first.   I was in awe because I wasn’t expecting this.   Thank you for the replies everyone.   

• Like 5

Yep thats a good one for sure.... you just never know what you will stumble upon while screwing off with a metal detector lol Nice work!

strick

• Like 1

Very nice finds and glad you were able to save them.

Grandfather always sat on a chair that he made to pan. It was an odd size of seat but it kept him from being cramped up with his knees.

Good luck on your next hunt and don't give up on panning.

• Like 3

That half is exceptional.  Beauty!   Good for you...had to be a rush!

That is on the my short list of denominations left to find....and I can only hope to happen upon one some day.  Got teased with an 1892 Barber half once....almost not fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zincoln said:

That half is exceptional.  Beauty!   Good for you...had to be a rush!

That is on the my short list of denominations left to find....and I can only hope to happen upon one some day.  Got teased with an 1892 Barber half once....almost not fair.

It was an unexpected surprise for sure and one good memory.   Post rinse pics at the actual dig site    

4B62F2CA-4BE0-419C-8D14-6B68FC16E9F0.jpeg

1C0D949B-461F-4BD8-959B-A0F79C69C21E.jpeg

• Like 3

I'd be willing to bet that you will find one soon enough.It's been my experience that the Barber halfs are tougher to come by?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1