I Was Wrong

Back around September I predicted that the Manticore would be available to the masses by the end of February. Even after anxiously awaiting the ML Christmas Story that was told. I thought no way , seen this before. Sure enough , as we enter the tail end of March they still aren't here en mass. Not like the Nox. Of course some have them and others are still on a list I see. Unbelievable. Don't want to hear excuses , because we all have them like you know what. So for this my friends , I apologize for my gross prediction error !

On another side note : the few that I know who have them are still learning the machine and have made some good finds. But they are not finding gold that the Nox couldn't have found on the same beach at the same time. The last couple months have had some Epic events and alot of gold was yanked. I'm waiting to see it happen on a tightly packed beach with lots of hunters and only the Manticore pulls it through. Probably not gonna happen and I know of a couple guys who kinda regret forking over the bucks for it.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:21 PM, King-Of-Bling said:

Probably not gonna happen and I know of a couple guys who kinda regret forking over the bucks for it.

Not me...I'd venture to say those guys haven't learned the machine. The M-Core will punch deeper then the Nox 800 no doubt about it.  Pound for pound it's a much better detector esp for turf hunting. I've sold both my 800's and wont be going back...If I find the desire for the simplicity of the compressed ID of the 800 then I can borrow my wife's 800 like I did yesterday while crawling under a stage at an old movie theater with the 6" round coil lol. There are many here that have posted who hunt beaches and are happy with the M-Core...why do you care any way? are you waiting for a revelation of sorts? 🙂 you're mostly a PI guy right? 

strick 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, strick said:

Not me...I'd venture to say those guys haven't leaned the machine. The M-Core will punch deeper then the Nox 800 no doubt about it.  Pound for pound it's a much better detector esp for turf hunting. I've sold both my 800's and wont be going back...If I find the desire for the simplicity of the compressed ID of the 800 then I can borrow my wife's 800 like I did yesterday while crawling under a stage at an old movie theater with the 6" round coil lol. There are many here that have posted who hunt beaches and are happy with the M-Core...why do you care any way? are you waiting for a revelation of sorts? 🙂 you're mostly a PI guy right? 

strick 

Because initially I wanted one. As far as dirt , idk and nor do I care. Mainly referring to beach use. Yes , I'm mainly a PI user. Of course most are happy with them , except for the price. Re-read what I said about comparing with the Nox out here. Just my observation and what I've been told. A revelation would be if they were available to the masses by now ! And not by big box chains disrespecting veterans discounts.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

On another side note : the few that I know who have them are still learning the machine and have made some good finds. But they are not finding gold that the Nox couldn't have found on the same beach at the same time.

I have the Manticore here for the second time testing. 

All-in all, the Manticore will out hunt the Equinox on the beach. The only place the Equinox will come close is wet sand with no water contact. 

The Manticore is Better in moving salt water, and it is not even close. It may be better than the D2, but that would need a little more time to compare. 
In all our testing the Manticore is better on gold chains and deep buried gold rings in the wet sand than both the Equinox and D2. 

We are out for the last day of a 5-day stretch of testing. Yesterday was chain day, the top two were found the Manticore and the bottom one was found with the D2.

IMG_0341.jpg

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, midalake said:

I have the Manticore here for the second time testing. 

All-in all, the Manticore will out hunt the Equinox on the beach. The only place the Equinox will come close is wet sand with no water contact. 

The Manticore is Better in moving salt water, and it is not even close. It may be better than the D2, but that would need a little more time to compare. 
In all our testing the Manticore is better on gold chains and deep buried gold rings in the wet sand than both the Equinox and D2. 

We are out for the last day of a 5-day stretch of testing. Yesterday was chain day, the top two were found the Manticore and the bottom one was found with the D2.

IMG_0341.jpg

Agreed with what you say. But those chains , most any machine will hit those. Very sanded here now. Run the Nox down a stretch of the wet desert. Then follow in the direct path with the Core. Be interesting your results. GL

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Agreed with what you say. But those chains , most any machine will hit those. Very sanded here now. Run the Nox down a stretch of the wet desert. Then follow in the direct path with the Core. Be interesting your results. GL

These were the test subjects.
We have been checking wild targets, Manticore and D2 both wet sand and moving water. 

IMG_0340.jpg

• Like 3

I'm more than happy with mine and I have used the Nox 800 since its original release and have no regrets.  On my beaches it can outperform the Nox in all aspects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are not exactly flying off the shelves at that Big Box Hunting and Fishing store.  You could have purchased one over the weekend and still in stock today.  This is nothing like to original Equinox 800 sales.  Maybe the Manticore is better, but is it $1600 better?  Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Stalker said:

Maybe the Manticore is better, but is it $1600 better?  Time will tell.

It actually would be about $700 dollar difference between the 800 and the M-Core. Cost is irrelevant to some people..this is a fact of life. People were dropping  9K on new GPZ 7000 a few years ago. 6K on a minelab 6000. You can buy a horse that jumps 5 feet for 60K or you can buy one that cant jump for 5K. Both of these animals will let you put a saddle on them and ride them around...but they do different things. The 5k horse can do things the 60K horse cannot and vice a versa...same goes for cars so I'll spare you the details on those...so when you ask is it worth an extra $700 to purchase the M-Core. Well for me it was as I've already seen the benefits. Oh and one other thing...the economy is different now then it was just a couple months ago if you haven't noticed. And some people have already paid for their detectors through small dealers and are being patient remaining loyal. After all these are just toys 😄

strick 

• Like 5