Deus 2 Coin Hunt High Mineralization

11 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

No silver or gold jewelry, but still a great haul.

I've been considering that Tekentics Tek-Point, and am rather certain that I'm going to pick one up.

I have found the Fisher/Teknetics Pulse Induction pinpointers to definitely have more depth in moderate to high iron mineralization than my Garrett Carrot or my former XP Mi-6. Set on full sensitivity my Tek-Point will hit coin sized targets in the really bad dirt out here at 4" deep or more which is why I use them. My Garrett Carrot will do about 2.5" max.

In milder soil conditions, I don't know if that extra depth really matters.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I have found the Fisher/Teknetics Pulse Induction pinpointers to definitely have more depth in moderate to high iron mineralization than my Garrett Carrot or my former XP Mi-6.

I've got low mineralization, but even so, I find that VLF pinpointer's depth is too weak for my liking. I'm hoping the Pulse pinpointer will do better. 

• Like 1

That’s a lot of keeper coins. Glad y’all got out and had some fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Had a three hour group hunt today with men and women from our Denver area metal detecting club at a local park. Screwdriver or probe hunting only by order of the city of Denver.

I was using Deus 2, 9" coil Sensitive 5 tones, 95 sensitivity, discrimination 10, reactivity 2, silencer 0 audio response 4. Iron mineralization meter was 8 of 10 bars consistently.

I was specifically looking for gold jewelry (skunked) silver jewelry (also skunked) silver coins, older coins and modern USA coins.

I collected and threw away a lot of trash that I just picked up off the surface of the ground along with detecting and throwing away quite a bit of gold range can slaw.

The 1919D Mercury dime was a full Teknetics Tek-Point deep so at least 9". So was the 1947 nickel and the wheat pennies. These targets were whispers but there were enough correct target IDs to dig.  I think I could have found more silver coins but I got tired.

DSCN0478.jpeg

DSCN0477.jpeg

Jeff, 

Thanks for making an old school, no video post with God forbid actual pictures of what you found.

I also got a kick out of your using a probe or screwdriver.   These guys that dig giant plugs for every target would do well to try out a probe once in a while.  My first probe was a screwdriver that my dad "blunted" the end on .  I still have it and it still works  Nothing easier to use on shallow targets.

Bill

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I have found the Fisher/Teknetics Pulse Induction pinpointers to definitely have more depth in moderate to high iron mineralization than my Garrett Carrot or my former XP Mi-6. Set on full sensitivity my Tek-Point will hit coin sized targets in the really bad dirt out here at 4" deep or more which is why I use them. My Garrett Carrot will do about 2.5" max.

In milder soil conditions, I don't know if that extra depth really matters.

Jeff----Do you experience any "cross talk" when using the Tek-point pinpointer with your Deus 2 & Legend?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

Jeff----Do you experience any "cross talk" when using the Tek-point pinpointer with your Deus 2 & Legend?

Sometimes. I just do a frequency shift on my detector. I also keep the coil of my detector well away from my pinpointer.

1 minute ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Sometimes. I just do a frequency shift on my detector. I also keep the coil of my detector well away from my pinpointer.

Ok--thanks-----I have been interested in and considered purchase of that pinpointer for some time but the thing that has stopped me from purchasing them for my wife & I is the fact I had heard cross talk was a problem (when used with the D2 & Legend).----That was the reason I was asking--you have rekindled my interest in it.-----Enjoy your posts Jeff.

• Like 1

Nice hunt with a good ratio of coins to pull tabs.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1