Snacks For Detecting Or Gold Hunting

For short prospecting trips a few sourdough rolls (buns) and cheese and fruit are adequate. For longer trips (fortnight or so) sausages and chops (cutlets) which are used in the first few days and from then on its vegetarian, mainly pasta and rice based dishes, with whatever vegetables will last the distance.

A few beers and a bottle of my home made whiskey are also included. Naturally plenty of water from my rainwater tank.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

For short prospecting trips a few sourdough rolls (buns) and cheese and fruit are adequate. For longer trips (fortnight or so) sausages and chops (cutlets) which are used in the first few days and from then on its vegetarian, mainly pasta and rice based dishes, with whatever vegetables will last the distance.

A few beers and a bottle of my home made whiskey are also included. Naturally plenty of water from my rainwater tank.

Finally somebody has the smarts to bring along a jug of snakebite medicine!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mackerel stays in my ATV bag every time I'm out detecting. They taste great and it gives me plenty of energy. Better than vegetarian, pasta or rice. Sometimes Spiced Rum and Coke for a celebration swig when I pop a nice nugget out of the ground. Reg, take a hot bath with some camomile and Epsom salts and just calm down, the whole world has gone off their rocker. It's not just America. Australia is becoming quite Orwellian from what I'm seeing. Oh and by the way jerky is the bomb. You should try it more often. Packed with protein and energy. Just what we need out their detecting. 

IMG_20230102_152136654.jpg

IMG_20230103_104525828_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230102_152249634.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Obviously Sir you have never tried jerked Joey it's oh so tender and tasty.Roasted Dingo and frilled-neck lizards ain't bad gnawin either.

Well I have eaten a good bit of Roo several times and a few lizards also.

Very good with the right person cooking them, the lizard is best over a camp fire with a little salt pepper and garlic.

Yes I have been to your country once for about 2 months for work.

• Like 5

GS5000, that canned fish looks disgusting, and I have managed to find the odd colour on my pasta and rice diet, so I shall give your culinary advice a miss thanks.

You are right about my country going down the dunny. We bought the maps from you.

PS the correct spelling for the second application is....there, not their.

PPs Give up the smokes. Not good for your health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/19/2023 at 11:28 PM, Reg Wilson said:

PS the correct spelling for the second application is....there, not their.

On 3/19/2023 at 5:47 AM, Reg Wilson said:

We have perhaps more that our share of idiots here.

Reg, did you mean to say , We have perhaps more than our share of idiots here, or do you just like to be the classroom spelling teacher?

Don't knock the can of fish until you tried it, as it does have a pretty good taste the way it is made.

Please don't take any offense to this correction, but I just wanted it to be fair.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 9:28 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

Mackerel stays in my ATV bag every time I'm out detecting. They taste great and it gives me plenty of energy. Better than vegetarian, pasta or rice. Sometimes Spiced Rum and Coke for a celebration swig when I pop a nice nugget out of the ground.

I forgot about the canned fish in the SUV, I should really change it out as it has been there a few years.

I think the moonshine only gets better with age, so I will keep it where it is.

• Haha 2

Valens Legacy, I was referring to idiots in Australia and not on this forum. Except for the odd spelling or grammar stumble most folk here seem to be fairly rational and level headed, certainly more so than other sites I could mention.

If you keep your moonshine in glass it will not improve with age. Wine will improve with age in glass until it reaches it's peak in quality and then go into decline. Whiskey will only age in wood.

• Like 1