Which XP Deus 2 Coil Would You Choose For The Beach?

Detectornado

Which XP Deus 2 coil would you choose for the beach?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which XP Deus 2 coil would you choose for the beach?

• 9" Coil
    • 11" Coil
    • 13x11" Coil

Hello mate, my vote is 13x11”. Because of the bigger coverage..

• Like 2

it really depends on what kind of ground you're working. if its normal beach where you are looking for fresh drops or have no idea whats low. then definitely the 13"

if you know you're on a low beach or in a highly concentrated spot, then the 9" hands down.

if you can only have one coil ever? probably the 11". but 9" and 13" are what i run, depends on what kind of mission i am on

• Like 3

Thanks for this poll, Detectornado. Since I'm still pondering my next coil choice, this helps reading the responses from others.

With my last detector, I had the 10x5", 11" and 12x15". I used the 10x"5 for 95% of my land hunting. At the beach, I would start out with the 12x15" coil which was not that much more heavy than the 11" coil, but after a few hours it became much more heavy and I would end up using the 11" coil for 80-90% of the beach hunting time. Since I may only hunt a beach once a year on vacation and haven't hunted any farm fields, I'm leaning towards the 11", but the jury is still out for me.

• Like 1

The results so far..

This forum results:

9": 2 members
11": 4 members
13x11": 8 members

Other places where I got/found information:

9": easier to localize object
9": great balance and weight
9": no reason
9": lighter, in water less resistance
9": if weight is most important
9": for long hours and in the water

11": no reason
11": best in between (weight and depth) in comparison with the 9"and 13x11"

13x11": great for large areas

If there are more members who want to share their experiences or choice, please do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Detectornado said:

The results so far..

This forum results:

9": 2 members
11": 4 members
13x11": 8 members

Other places where I got/found information:

9": easier to localize object
9": great balance and weight
9": no reason
9": lighter, in water less resistance
9": if weight is most important
9": for long hours and in the water

11": best in between (weight and depth) in comparison with the 9"and 13x11"

13x11": great for large areas

If there are more members who want to share their experiences or choice, please do!

Weird , the coil which has the most advantages ( the 9" : 5 positive points ) is the one which is the less used in this forum ..  

Except me and an other one lol  🙂...

• Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 8:49 AM, palzynski said:

Weird , the coil which has the most advantages ( the 9" : 5 positive points ) is the one which is the less used in this forum ..  

Except me and an other one lol  🙂...

I use the 9" all the time because it's the only one I have currently, but I haven't had the chance to beach hunt or hunt large farm fields with the D2 yet. That's really the only reason I'm considering a larger coil, for wider coverage. But for all the types of land hunting I do, I haven't really felt the need to go larger, except for maybe a bit more depth in some areas. The 9" is amazingly deep even in mineralized ground, easy on the arm, and has incredible separation. If I'm being honest with myself, I really don't even need a smaller eliptical coil at this point except to squeeze into smaller areas and between shrubbery. Of course if a 9x5" does come out, I will jump on it like a chicken on a junebug! 😉

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 5:46 PM, Detectornado said:

If you could only choose one coi

I find myself commenting late, but coincidentally I am buying a 9" after trying the 11" underwater three times.

The fact is that it all depends on what you do and what the environment is like.

In my case the 11" cannot be exploited because of the high salinity and a smaller footprint might solve that, perhaps with less coverage.

Conversely on wet sand there are those who prefer to cover and have more depth with the 13"

• Like 4

After many years I bought again the 9”: in my opinion it’s a must have. A little, great coil!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

In my case the 11" cannot be exploited because of the high salinity and a smaller footprint might solve that,

This would normally be a reasonable deduction.
But after comparing a 9 and 11" coil for weeks on end I would tell you not to get your hopes up on a 9" coil handling salt or black sand any better than a 11" coil. 

The 9"coil can definitely hold its own on depth performance compared to the 11" coil in a salt environment. 

• Like 3