Europes Largest Metal Detector Distributor Gives Minelab The Boot

Many don't use Facebook, so here's another comment from that Facebook page:

No business gives up a huge repair and service contract for just "stock issues" these issues go with every brand, there will be many of its customers that are minelab "fans" its a huge selling brand and to withdraw from selling its products completely not just ending its main distributor bassed status tells us there's much more to this than meets the eye.

Business ... this is not business as usual.  

Things like this blow up over personalities as well.

Neither of these businesses are a winner because of the end result.  I'm sure that the customers will get the worst of it.

• Like 1

Something isn’t right, That’s like a new Car dealership like Ford / Chevy / Toyota refusing anymore new cars, because one Model is short in supply.

Maybe Minelab is slowly moving forward to Direct Sales ? And The Distributor is realizing it. The real answer will never be told 

• Like 1

They said the lack of stock over the past few months was only part of the reason, I guess it was the final decision maker though.

This appears to be the network of dealers that they supply so it's pretty far reaching.

IDC.jpg.dd9df4bbb2c76fadbdfe4d279cffdd55.jpg

That's right Mitchel, nobody is the winner here.  We want Minelab to do well, the better they do the more they'll spend on making new products and improving technology which in turn we can buy if they have stock to sell 🙂  Bad news for Minelab is bad news for us too, at least their share price has clawed back a tiny bit since the Manticore/Nox 900 release, still very well down but no longer in free fall.

IDC are a multi line distributor selling Nokta, Quest, Garrett, C.Scope, Bounty Hunter, Fisher, XP, GDI and Groundtech along with lots of smaller accessories brands so who knows if their association with Nokta is anything to do with it, I highly doubt it though but I guess they'll be pushing Nokta brand from now on more so than ever.   It could be the fact Minelab are including a distributor in the US in the court case with Nokta.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Rob in (ca) said:

Something isn’t right, That’s like a new Car dealership like Ford / Chevy / Toyota refusing anymore new cars, because one Model is short in supply.

Maybe Minelab is slowly moving forward to Direct Sales ? And The Distributor is realizing it. The real answer will never be told 

Agreed.

Supply chains for electronic parts (and parts in general) are still brutally slow worldwide. 

In my business (motorcycles) some parts that used to take a week to get at the dealer level now take several months. Some customers miss out on an entire riding season. New model delays are common.

IMHO, regardless of the reason for Minelab's new model delays, it seems unprofessional for IDC to publicly shame Minelab. Bad-mouthing a former business associate isn't good for business in the long term. 

There's more to this story than meets the eye....

• Like 1

Mu

11 hours ago, Rob in (ca) said:

My dealer in France has the same issue , for example several customers have preordered a Manticore and they are still waiting for it .. ML does the manufacturing in Asia , perhaps this was not the right choice ...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, strick said:

The thing that really pisses my off more then anything else about Minelab is their coils...when you release a new detector and it takes months for the accessory coils to come out is just stupid. And then when they do come out  you gotta stand in line like your waiting to shake the popes hand just to get one....it's all so ridiculous this is done on purpose and its bad look..morning rant over..

strick 

I hear ya! Number one reason I bought a 900 , instead of  Manticore. An 11 inch coil, is only good for searching for new spots, for me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1