Equinox 600 Ground Balancing

When Ground balancing the Equinox 600 should I place the detector in (All-Metal) mode to make sure for a clean/clear patch of ground, the instruction only says to place the detector in FP mode and then ground balance so if I ground balance and the detector has -9 to 2 canceled and I'm pumping my coil over trash will that affect the ground balance.

• Like 1

If you pump your coil over trash, then you won't have a good ground balance.

In really trashy sites, I don't even waste my time anymore looking for a clean spot. I use Pinpoint mode to clear an area a little larger than the coil, fill in the hole, and then ground balance over that.

• Like 3

When I ground balance my 800 I always pick 3 spots to do it at. That way I have a good chance of not hitting trash and since I always hunt in areas that I know I can tell which area is more accurate.

When you are above trash it always gives problems right off the bat on the detector. It will be iffy signals on items in the ground for sure, so try at least 2 areas to balance at. I also ground balance several times when hunting for a few hours just to give me the best possible chance to find the good stuff.

• Like 1

Don't forget, if the ground you are working is pretty benign, and you are using Multi, then you can leave the GB on 0 and not worry about it. 

• Like 8

On 3/22/2023 at 2:14 AM, PhaseTech said:

Don't forget, if the ground you are working is pretty benign, and you are using Multi, then you can leave the GB on 0 and not worry about it. 

I don't remember the last time I ground balanced my Nox in a park setting, it just doesn't need it.

• Like 2