How Much Time Do You Spend At A Site

47 minutes ago, Joel - cacadordereliquia said:

Geralmente eu procuro explorar toda a área se encontrar alguma coisa volto la dê novo, mais se não encontrar nem um indício de algum objeto eu abandono e procuro outro para explorar.

Well said Bro!

• Haha 1

Our friend who writes in Portuguese says:

"Generally I try to explore the whole area if I find something I go back there again, but if I don't find even a hint of an object I abandon it and look for another one to explore."

Well said indeed 👍

• Like 1

Back in 68 I drove 150 miles two weekends to come back to my home town to hunt this house that had two adobe rooms on this wood frame house . The area was about 10 X 15 and total time about 30 hours. 
 Those two rooms had more trash than I’d ever seen. The walls was pushed out and the house was gone. You have to remember this was in the day you had to dig everything.

Before it was over I found 30 coins all in the 1800’s . It was American and Mexican coins with the oldest a 1854 half dollar. The last day I was there I was looking around where the house was and was running the coil over some bricks that had been the fireplace when I seen a coin covered in dust. That coin was a Indian head coin .

I never got to hunt where the house was because bye the time I could get back I couldn’t get in there anymore . The place now is government housing for old people.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Chuck,  If you don't mind saying, what town was that in?

On 3/20/2023 at 6:34 PM, Rattlehead said:

Too much. I'm somewhat lazy about asking for new permissions so I tend to pound the crap out of older sites until there's literally not even a single repeating signal. Not very productive I know, but it helps me learn my detectors.

Same here. It can pay off though. I've scored some fantastic finds at sites most people consider to be hunted out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Our friend who writes in Portuguese says:

"Generally I try to explore the whole area if I find something I go back there again, but if I don't find even a hint of an object I abandon it and look for another one to explore."

Well said indeed 👍

Thanks 350! So just to clarify I was not trying to be condescending to our fellow member. However i was  looking for a response and translation from the poster or one of our more savvy members.So thanks and mission accomplished.

• Like 2

Looking for gold, usually from 7 or 8 in the morning to 3-4 in the afternoon with an on-site 1/2 hour or so lunch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

JCR  

That was Seguin Texas.

Chuck 

A lot of history around there.