How Much Time Do You Spend At A Site

Had to be about 2002 or 3 but on another forum someone posted about a new highway going through two blocks of a town south of fairmont west virginia. I got the coordinates and drove down there. It was odd to say the least, all these houses with there belongings there except clothing, abandoned . It was nice, ust walk from house to house and detect. I cant say I found scads of silver, but it made the trip worth while from SW Pa.

• 1 month later...

On 3/20/2023 at 5:51 PM, stateguy said:

Weather it’s a new site your trying for the first time. 
Or it’s a site that you got stuff in the past and it’s slim pickings 

Depends completely on my information of the site! Is it known for certain to have old activities or hope of activities. If it's a hope job and evidence isn't found within hours ( hours of actual covering ground being efficient) I'm out! Old sites even if they are extremely tough hunts I'll walk the wheels off in random circles,zigs,zags etc and return if I strike out.

My bad habits.  When I know from past experience a site holds good finds, I go slow and recover some very iffy targets.  I'm willing to give plenty of time knowing that there is still more.  Bad habit, A new site, moving along quickly looking for a good hit. Don't get one then give up on it.  I have some sites (Civil war) which I hunt five or more times a year for the last 10 years, It still gives up good finds. Bad habit, if it's infested with iron,  Instead of turning down the sensitivity and having to deal with it, Give it up. Some days I have the will to fight it out, others I don't. 

In the Florida sun on the beach, my hunting buddy and I usually only last about 2.5-3 hours....but then he's 68 and I'm 75.   We then go to lunch.👍    It's become a welcomed routine for two old beach scavengers!  😅

• Like 4