Another Day At The Big Farm With A Friend

F350Platinum

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!🍀👍👍

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!🍀👍👍

Thanks Joe, it was the last thing I found there near the house.

• Like 1

Could your wavy “coin” be a rowel off a spur?

• Like 1

My wife says it is the wheel of a pastry cutter. She immediately looked it up on Rubylane.com. 1880s English brass pastry cutter. It looks exact. She’s good on IDs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, congrats again, you certainly got something to crow about! 😉

I thought the wavey coin was a spur rowel too for a bit, but it has no pronounced bumps or points on the rim. I have to agree with JCR's wife and go with the wheel from a pastry cutter.

That fancy buckle is very unusual and the other buckle, IHPs, and chicken are awesome as well. Well done again!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JCR said:

Could your wavy “coin” be a rowel off a spur?

Right after posting that occurred to me as well. Might explain why other parts weren't found, like broken spur bits. I looked it up, and only found the pointy ones so I didn't mention it. I have seen that style before, but only on toy spurs. 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JCR said:

My wife says it is the wheel of a pastry cutter. She immediately looked it up on Rubylane.com. 1880s English brass pastry cutter. It looks exact. She’s good on IDs.

This also explains it, and more accurately I think, as the parts for that sort of tool would be long gone.

Please thank your wife for me! I think she nailed it. 🏆🙂1880s-English-Brass-Pastry-Tool-Weston-Table-SP.thumb.jpg.b715030b6d670475cbbb186221a56054.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well, congrats again, you certainly got something to crow about! 😉

Thanks Cap'n, no silver this time but I thought the finds interesting and in some cases old enough to post, the stamped buckle is probably 1800s, but the spectacle is much older. The diversity of finds in this farm is incredible, and should be. 👍 

• Like 2