Another Day At The Big Farm With A Friend

F350Platinum

1 hour ago, unox said:

Well done guys, I love the big open field congrats on the finds. 👌

Thanks Unox, it is a very big old farm. The original land grant was 3300 acres, this field is about 500. I was glad to find anything of interest, but after over 6 miles of walking I should have found something. 🤣 That view from the top of the hill is unusual here, this is all coastal plain. I wish I could have done better with the photo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

This also explains it, and more accurately I think, as the parts for that sort of tool would be long gone.

Please thank your wife for me! I think she nailed it. 🏆🙂1880s-English-Brass-Pastry-Tool-Weston-Table-SP.thumb.jpg.b715030b6d670475cbbb186221a56054.jpg

We had one of those in our misc kitchen stuff drawer that my mother had for as long as I can remember. I never knew what it was. After yours and JCR's post, I told my wife that I finally figured out what that weird thing in the drawer was. She just looked at me and said, "Well, duh"... 🙄 I'll never figure out why women assume we know what they know. 😏

• Haha 2

We men would be better served to not assume women know what we think we know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cheddar said:

how you like that phoenix shovel? thinking about getting something new. been running a lesche 31" t-handle for as long as ive been detecting

It's a Predator Raptor "D" handle. 11" blade gets you to the finds fast. 🙂 I also have their T handle Barracuda which only digs 6". Far less intimidating. 😀

They're very tough shovels and cut through roots like a hot knife through butter. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Nice hunt F350! And a beautiful day for it. Six miles of swinging the coil is no easy feat! Good thing you swing the Deus.

Thanks LC. I can't say enough good about that detector, for sure anything else would give me muscle cramps in my arm. Sadly Relic season is winding to a close. 😪

31 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

It's a Predator Raptor "D" handle. 11" blade gets you to the finds fast. 🙂 I also have their T handle Barracuda which only digs 6". Far less intimidating. 😀

They're very tough shovels and cut through roots like a hot knife through butter. 

I have been using the Predator tools Raptor for years and it's the best shovel for New England woods. 👍👍

Nice Hunt!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1