Advice For Bigger Coil Gpx 5000

Hello friends, new to this forum. I've looked at topics here a few times. Great place! I been detecting for awhile for gold. Eventually I bought a gpx 5000 and a few xtra coils. The biggest I have is a 14". But I have some gold sites that have some deep gold. I already dug everything that had a signal after chaining the whole deposit. I've been checking out online at some larger coil choices. There is a couple that came out last few years that I'm kinda interested in. They have a nugget finder 25" ddx coil. And a detech 24" concentric coil. I've only seen a little info on both online. I was wondering if any members have any experience with these coils or know anyone that uses one. I don't know if they are capable of detecting at least a small piece of gold down to a gram. Not sure either how good they run in strong mineralization. If anyone has a opinion about these coils or which one between the two they would pick. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

I’m not a fan of super large coils personally. I really liked my Nugget Finder 18” round mono for the GPX 5000 and can give it a solid recommendation. It’s relatively light for its size. But even larger coils are heavier and unwieldy to the point I’ll pass personally for anything but the rarest of situations.

• Like 3

I agree with the above, I have owned a few large coils from the 20" NF round mono to the 18" Coiltek round mono and everything in between to the sadie coil.  I got rid of the 20", 18" and kept the 11" commander mono because its just a dang great coil, 17x13 Evo, I have the old 16" N.F.  fiberglass round mono which I enjoy using for deeper targets. The large coils sound good but after you spend a few hours on it, you begin asking yourself...WHY did I buy this. 🙂 I'd pass on the big ones. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Nuggetfinder made a 25" coil that was super light. Not sure if still available but I have one and it is excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to All for the advice. Might have to check out some other coils. I wish they  had places where you could rent coils to try them out before you buy them. 

Rege, was that an older 25" nuggetfinder coil you had or the new nuggetfinder 25" ddx coil? Thank you!

2 hours ago, brokengold said:

I wish they  had places where you could rent coils to try them out before you buy them. 

If you have a local detector store near you and they sell used equipment I think they would let you try before you buy.

As Steve said, I like the 18" NF too.  I bought it used and it quickly became my favorite coil finding more gold than all the Commanders combined.

11 hours ago, brokengold said:

Thanks to All for the advice. Might have to check out some other coils. I wish they  had places where you could rent coils to try them out before you buy them. 

Rege, was that an older 25" nuggetfinder coil you had or the new nuggetfinder 25" ddx coil? Thank you!

Maybe this one. I had one for a while as I’ve tried out a couple 25” coils.

The newer one I had:

image.jpeg

and the older version:

2009-25-nugget-finder-coil-moore-creek.jpg

• Like 1

The three spoked one at the top is the one that I have. Worked really well on a 4000

• Like 1