X35 Coil Sabatoged

I figured it was time to change the battery for my X--35 9" coil, I watched all the videos on how to do it , I figured it would be a cinch,  but after i got the little plastic plate off the bottom of the coil a hard piece of foam was glued in so hard over the little battery connector I could hardly get it out , then i looked to find the connector  to unplug the old battery  and could not even see it , It was totally covered in epoxy glue I pulled on the wire and it broke off, apparently the temp worker filled it with glue and completely covered the battery plug in making it impossible to remove,  why me ? why does it work for everyone else but when i go to do it  its covered in glue, ? I was pissed now it will cost me 300.00$ to get the HF coil . I will never buy another X-35 because I have no assurance the battery plug will not be glued over again .  at least the HF coil its possible to change the battery

• Sad 2
  • Oh my! 2

On 3/23/2023 at 7:05 PM, Kaolin washer said:

I figured it was time to change the battery for my X--35 9" coil, I watched all the videos on how to do it , I figured it would be a cinch,  but after i got the little plastic plate off the bottom of the coil a hard piece of foam was glued in so hard over the little battery connector I could hardly get it out , then i looked to find the connector  to unplug the old battery  and could not even see it , It was totally covered in epoxy glue I pulled on the wire and it broke off, apparently the temp worker filled it with glue and completely covered the battery plug in making it impossible to remove,  why me ? why does it work for everyone else but when i go to do it  its covered in glue, ? I was pissed now it will cost me 300.00$ to get the HF coil . I will never buy another X-35 because I have no assurance the battery plug will not be glued over again .  at least the HF coil its possible to change the battery

Post a picture... I owned USdronerepair for years and fixed hundreds of PCB's and electrical wiring issues. I can guide you through the repair.

• Like 2

Would have cost all of $30 and perhaps additional shipping one way to send it in to the repair center to have the battery replacement done and even after you broke it, they probably would have repaired your damage too for little if any additional cost.  You cost yourself the $300+ replacement by getting frustrated and throwing it away. SMH.

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

Late posting here but when things are held down with mounting tape you can use fishing line to split it from the part. Just slip along an edge and work it back and forth like a saw, take your time.

Changed the battery in my iPhone and hear ya on the reality that it isn't always as easy as people say.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kac said:

Late posting here but when things are held down with mounting tape you can use fishing line to split it from the part. Just slip along an edge and work it back and forth like a saw, take your time.

Changed the battery in my iPhone and hear ya on the reality that it isn't always as easy as people say.

Unwaxed dental floss works well also.

• Like 1

Guitar string or piano wire.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 7:05 PM, Kaolin washer said:

B512D10F-7E7D-4A1F-9BBD-2DB37CFB6C21_4_5005_c.jpeg.9dea87705eb4c46d72a4825fc2612a9e.jpeg

THAT'S SABATOOGIE!!!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, D&P-OR said:

This is a perfect example of "it doesn't pay to get frustrated"!

Ever see the size screws they use inside an iPhone....