New Manticore On The Way

Interesting.  Looks like an issue with how a batch of the screens were manufactured for the faceplate and it slipped by QC before being put into production assembly.  If that's the case, another black eye for ML.  The quality and/or production managers have some explaining to do.

Hopefully Mark Gillespie will come back too and give us an update.

4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Hopefully Mark Gillespie will come back too and give us an update.

Yea, I'd like to know if it was on the plastic film they put on that you're suppose to remove or actually on the screen itself.

4 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Yea, I'd like to know if it was on the plastic film they put on that you're suppose to remove or actually on the screen itself.

I removed the protective film and put on the real protective cover, mine without any thing on the screen looks like it is under the screen rather than a scratch on the face.

That's very unfortunate, guess they are in such a rush to fulfill orders they are slipping on Quality Control.

Edit: Before I go swinging with a detector that has a scratch like that, I would take picture of the scratch before taking the detector out on the field. Minelab could claim damage from usage vs taking a picture of it with the box.

Film is not scratched.

IMG_2876.jpg

• Sad 1

One of the guys in NZ received one with a scracted screen from factory too, I think he just kept it knowing he's likely to do it himself sometime anyway.  I think he was just more concerned about having to wait for a replacement and also the shipping costs to return it.

• Like 1

Well Fred finally got an answer from:

USA
Detector Center

Pennsylvania, USA
T: 814 283 4270
E: newrepair@detectorrepair.com
Wwww.detectorrepair.com

He will have to file a damage report online with all the information and they stated, after their review he would be contacted with information about what Minelab will do.  This could be a drawn out process.   We'll see if they are really a world class company or not.  All revolves around QC.

What has him the most concerned is the fact it is deep enough to feel with a finger nail.  Not knowing if down the road it could cause an issue or not.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Fred received a return shipping label for the Manticore.  Return shipping cost will be on Minelab, I'm glad to see that.   Yep, he has to send it back for a replacement.  He did ask the question:  Will the wait time be long like the dealers are seeing and the answer was no. 

• Like 2