I Didn't Have The Heart

Nothing you could do. Eventually, after finding nothing for an extended period of time, he may realize everyone was right. God help us if he inadvertently stumbles on to a gold ring or chain in one of his holes 😄

• Haha 1

It has a 3000 meter range above ground and a 50 meter depth, you should have asked him to point it at some of the nearby buildings and see if it goes nuts with target signals, surely there is plenty of metals in there it should be picking up.  Plenty of jewellery collections, diamonds (which it can also detect) and other precious metals in peoples apartments.

Kinda like an air test 🙂

1-The system of searching for precious and non-precious metals: such as buried antique gold - raw gold - veins of gold - meteorites - silver - zircon - bronze - cobalt - coltan - mercury - copper - iron.
2- The system of searching for underground caves, voids and ancient tombs.
3- Underground diamond search system.
4- A two-dimensional imaging system to determine the depth and analyze the search results.
The search depth of the Gold Hunter Smart device reaches 50 meters in the ground and the forward range is 3000 meters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

hey we all start with a dream.  It's a learning experience.  He will come to the realization.  But if he doesn't and you run into him in 6 months, help him along and crush his dream, like a first love on prom night!  Gotta help that poor feller.

• Like 2

You don't need to do much searching to come to the conclusion that these things are a lemon. First off, if they worked then every mining /prospecting company in the world would be fighting over them. 

mn, you should have done him a favoure & just told him. He is going to find out anyway sooner or later. If not from some one else he will come to his own conclusion. End result for you would have been the same no matter how he responded. Because you just walked away & most likely will never see him again. Did you have any finds that you could have shown him?

D4G

I was wearing my Minelab pouch and I did have crusty pennies in it I showed him.  I didn't have any rings or jewelry that day.  It was like water off a duck's back as I remember.  I wasn't trying to shake some sense into him.  I just wanted to listen.

My detector and scoop were propped up at some distance.  He should have been able to find it.  He did say it was hard to tune.  haha

He didn't ask the normal questions of most non-detectorists.  "What is the best thing you've ever found?"  or "Do you have anything good today?"

As Simon said there are a lot of buildings and things around and not too far away all of the commotion of the Venice Boardwalk.  An instrument of that caliber couldn't possibly ignore all of the potential targets.  I didn't even try to bring up EMI with him but it was part of what he said he was still learning in order to tune it properly.

Given the chance to see him over again I would have just said "I don't have a lot of time right now but if you give me your phone number I'll give you a call."  I think I didn't do that because he was too willing to give me the name, website and number of the guy who sold it to him.

I'm not a policeman but people ask me about that on the beach as well.  "Are you with the government?"

When I worked at Garrett back in the late 80's we opened up one of the "long range" finders and found a rat's nest of wires that went nowhere.  Can't understand how they're still on the market and why the manufacturers haven't been sued out of existence.

Also back then I was reminded by another director of marketing that in the metal detecting business we do indeed "sell dreams"....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

80s?  Oh my goodness!