I Didn't Have The Heart

How different are the posts (often the only one the OP ever makes here) about finding valuables, particularly meteorites?  I'll tell you one difference:  those people ask.  This guy didn't.  But even those who ask don't always accept the answers they get as we've occasionally seen here.

Ever loan or give someone a book they didn't ask for?  Ever recommend a movie only to be later told it wasn't that great?  There's a monstrous difference between people who want help and those who don't.  Similar things happen in substance abuse programs -- the one's who volunteer to go into them are more likely to benefit than those who are coerced or forced by family, courts, etc.

Mitchel, you did more than I would have done, but not telling him what a fool he was (no matter how subtly you could try) -- that was the best thing, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, klunker said:

I just can't imagine what it would be like to find out I was wrong about something.

😛

3000m range! Lol!! That should be the first giveaway! It is amazing that simple common sense is so rare now, and how “if its too good to be true it probably is” isn’t heeded very often. By the way 3000m is 1.864 miles to us non metric users😳

Not all long range devices are fakes. My G&J device works all the time but I don't sell them but do hire them for less than $1,000 a month.    🤑 

Go to my LINK  ..............   https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hoodwink   

....Click HERE....

• Haha 3

I've had so many people in my 25 yrs of selling detectors, ask why I do not sell them.  I tell them the tools I sell are the tools I know that work and can show folks how they work.  When the big gold rush in Africa yrs back with all the GPX-4500 sales and Commader coils selling for $1000+ each, GPX-4500's selling for $10,000+ on eBay... I had many Africans ask me about my Field Training and could I show them their long range locator?  Sorry, I can't train them.

Sales of metal detectors is walking a fine line, but at least I feel comfortable selling what I do, as I know how it works and have had great success over the years.

Sometimes, I get labeled as "Gerry, all you do is selling a dream".  OK,  I guess it's no different than selling a gold claim, selling a fishing pole, selling a house.  We buy things...we dream about and have expectations of Success.

Go online today and you can buy a wife. 

You were in a tough spot Mitchel and took it well.  Not much more you could really do.  he has your experience and knowledge so hopefully he does a little more research this time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

"Gerry, all you do is selling a dream". 

Well way back a FNQ salesman sold me that dream, a Bounty Hunter RB7, many said I`m crazy then, "you cant find gold with a box of wire and knobs" I am still living that dream and I`ll lay a bet Gerry you have many customers who also live that dream and don`t look back except in appreciation. 

MN for me your response was spot on, that young fella had a dream, we dont know how far he will go with that dream even if the first step seems flawed to us, it is for him to sort out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This video highlights a 'new' type of detector from the same group of scammers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

This video highlights a 'new' type of detector from the same group of scammers!

Gerry should carry these for his beach hunts. Can’t believe the store actually sold out of them, probably alot of disappointed people out there for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This could have been a April Fool's post but it is real.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Gerry should carry these for his beach hunts. Can’t believe the store actually sold out of them, probably alot of disappointed people out there for it.

Yes, I purchased everything they had, so they are SOLD OUT.  I'm looking for Field Testers = DetexFarts & DetexFlirts.

The DetexFarts need no experience required since we don't want to be affiliated with a dealer.

The DetexFlirts need no experience with a detector, but purple and pink hair is preferred.  If you have your own Social Media page.

April 1st was yesterday....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2