Target Ids Smf Versus Single Frequency High Mineralization

Its 32 degrees F with north winds blowing 15 to 20 mph so I gave up on detecting today. 

Anyone thinking of buying a current or newer model Simplex, ORX, Deus 1 or X-Terra Pro who has tough soil or saltwater/black sand beach conditions might want to pay attention to these results assuming that the selectable single frequency tech in the Equinox, Legend and Deus 2 is similar to their single/selectable single frequency only model counterparts. 

I did decide to do some outdoor test garden target ID comparisons between the simultaneous multi frequency technology and the selectable single frequency technology of the Equinox 800, Equinox 900, Legend and Deus 2.

I have moderate to high iron mineralization in my test garden so these results will be on the extreme side.

Check the Multi results for each detector to see what the target IDs should be relatively speaking. 

A US nickel 6" deep, US clad dime 6" deep and a US clad quarter 6" deep were the targets. They have been in the ground, undisturbed for 3 years at least. The 6" clad dime is a really tough target in these soil conditions. All four detectors even in their Multi setting up averaged the clad dime quite a bit.

These are just my test results on a cold windy day. They may not be the same for you. So, just some information....nothing more.

DSCN0481.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

That is some pretty serious up averaging.    Have you experienced targets wrapping all the way back to ferrous in your soil?

12 minutes ago, JCR said:

That is some pretty serious up averaging.    Have you experienced targets wrapping all the way back to ferrous in your soil?

Clad dime is doing that on both Equinox models using 40 kHz and on Deus 2 using 25 kHz during this testing. 

• Like 1