Arkansas Trout Trip!!

Daniel Tn

Holy mackerel, I mean trout 😎 Those are some beautiful fish. I also enjoy fishing but mostly for large mouth bass. Here in CA we don’t have nice rivers or lakes like other states unfortunately so other hobbies take priority. Thanks for sharing and good luck on your next trip.

Those Browns are ferocious predators and notorious for attacking and eating just about anything that they see and can catch.Would not be surprised if they had Rainbows in their stomachs. I have caught the sea run version in the Trinity River here in Northern California and their bellies were full of Salmon and Steelhead Smolts so many that they were regurgitating them.Anyway very nice fish!

• Like 1

Glad you (took) the chance to experience White River trout fishing. Trout fished up there several times over the years. The Little Red has some good trout fishing, too. I seldom fish in Tn anymore.  In fact, 3 sons and I are going to Greers Ferry lake early Wed. and return Sun. Nice write up and pictures. HH jim tn

• Like 1

Excellent post. Thanks

Love the fishing in AR. as it always brings in the nice size fish to the boat.

We have some good lakes close to home that has great bass in them so I don't get a chance to fish very far from home. There is nothing better than the fight that you get from a large determined fish, unless it is a beautiful woman when you have had one to many.

I hope that you had a chance to detect when you were there as there is a lot of historical relics in that neighborhood.

Good luck, good fishing, and good hunting.

I didn't bring a detector with me.  I looked up the state park rules before I went (Bull Shoals State Park) and it wasn't allowed.  I only brought clothes and fishing gear. We are going back in May to fish a day or two and look at some land while we are there.  I went fishing earlier this week here in Tennessee and was only catching little stocker size trout. I got tired of catching them and loaded up and went back home.  Arkansas spoiled me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fish.  Every September, my brother and I try to hit a different state for trout fishing.  The best one so far was Montana, Snake River valley.  We will have to start looking into Arkansas.