Monte Berry Has Passed Away

RIP Monte! My condolences to all of his friends and family. 72C10257-3F85-4162-97E7-B613986F1AA4.thumb.jpeg.c87fbdb004283c0394f05e38d2c65374.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I had the pleasure to speak with Monte on the phone several times, and visit with him at one of his early Nevada WTHO trips. 

He introduced us to a standardized test methodology with his nail board. Between his great stories going back to the dawn of metal detecting, along with his dedication to push the envelope forward in regards to his perusal of relic hunting, Monte was a detecting legend. 

RIP Monte, you'll be missed.🤠

• Like 6

Just last month Monte sent out the latest update for his summer WTHO hunt, you just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

• Like 3

Very sad to hear.R.I.P. my friend.

• Like 2

JEEEEEZ Spoke with him a couple of time and i was thinking about him today .....................

RIP Monte

RR

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I never met Monte directly, but via his many posts years ago about the early Tesoro detectors and relic hunting with them in dense iron. That was always his thing and he was very expert at it, and shared that knowledge with many others.

Yes, when I think of Monte this is the first thing that comes to mind. Sorry to hear of his passing. I enjoyed watching his personal arsenal of detectors evolve over time, and his explanations of why he had certain detectors in his kit. He also knew the early Nokta Makro detector offerings very well, and I followed his commentaries on findmall closely. 

Another guru gone, may he RIP 

• Like 4