Monte Berry Has Passed Away

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I never met Monte directly, but via his many posts years ago about the early Tesoro detectors and relic hunting with them in dense iron. That was always his thing and he was very expert at it, and shared that knowledge with many others. He was well known for putting on hunts at western ghost town locations where one and all were invited. They say we live on as long as we are remembered by others, and many people will have fond memories of Monte for a very long time.

My condolences to his family and friends in this difficult time.  ~ Steve Herschbach

Monte Berry Q&A at Stout Standards

Notice at AHRPS

Thank you Mr H for moving this to its proper place I was kind of in shock when I posted this up because I had just recently with in the last few weeks been in a conversation with Monte about purchasing one of his nail board test for my own personal use, and it just kind of took me by surprise when I read of his passing, again have sent prayers for his family 

• Like 3

I never met Monte but I could tell a lot about him from the posts he made.

Sorry I won't get a chance to meet him now and will miss his input .

RIP Monte and you will still live here through your posts.

• Like 1

I’m sure I conversed via forum posts but did not know him as so many others here had the pleasure to. He enjoyed his passion of metal detecting and the many friends he had until the very end. 

• Like 1