Victoria Large Nugget Find

• The title was changed to Victoria Find

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

an eyeopener for sure…(starts charging up all the detector equipment)...

Don’t forget your plane ticket and passport, Flak. 🤣

What an incredible find; I wonder what it ID'd on the EQX.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

wow, a $240,000 nugget found with a Nox 800.... lucky person there.

It seems they really never do get them all, I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.

Gosh you never know, it might even have been that no-one ever dismissed it as junk because no-one ever walked over it before, and instead of wandering, maybe it was a guy, really plugged into his Nox, who found it with skill and persistence. Maybe…haha

• Like 4

Re ( I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.)

and I wonder how many loud pieces of junk that were actually Gold, that I have walked over in the last 40+ years detecting the Vic Golden Triangle.

Years ago a friend and self were detecting on a farmers paddock, the site of an old mining town in the GT, he detected/dug up 188 Chinese coins in a 3ft x 3ft area, to others it must have sound like a sheet of rusty iron, he picked up a stray on the outskirts and went from there.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, PeterInSa said:

Re ( I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.)

I'm sure I've done it quite a few times.

• Haha 1

"It weighs 4.6 kilograms and that includes 2.6 kilograms of gold."

It must of been riddled with gold. My 3½ Kilos bit only had 16+ oz and it was 3.5 kilos and he got nearly 84 oz  😢

It remines me of the early days when big nuggets were released to the media near public holidays (School, Easter and Xmas or New detector release.) those were the days.   

• Like 3

Man what a monster of a nugget and the Equinox 800 did the trick.  80+ ozt at $2000US = $160,000 just in gold US Dollars.  Collectors value could go half a million if a couple folks get excited.  Good on him and his family.

Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Man what a monster of a nugget and the Equinox 800 did the trick.

I would love to see that in your mouth for sure. I wounder if it would fit?

Nice read thanks for sharing it.

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Victoria Large Nugget Find