Help Pairing Avantree Torus ?

I just got the pair I  Bought on the eBay. They seem great but I’m not having any luck pairing them. I long pressed pinpoint while in Bluetooth mode to unpair the Nokta headphones, and then while in BT mode with Bluetooth on(setting 1) I got the Torus into pairing mode but nothing happened. Is there a step I’m missing to put the Legend in pairing mode also? Bc the headphone icon up top isn’t flashing - it’s just steady on. I had no trouble at all pairing the Nokta phones. 
 The Avantree didn’t come with manual. 

Just give them a factory reset, sometimes they screw up and can't pair... its' happened to me and I haven't used mine much.

Press and hold the volume + and - buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the LED briefly turns PINK. You'll also hear two "beeps," indicating that the speaker have reset. The speaker should then go into pairing mode and the LED will alternate between flashing RED & BLUE.

Also when pairing Bluetooth stuff it's best to hold it right next to the detector so it gets maximum signal strength.

You can snag a copy of the manual here

https://a.storyblok.com/f/58706/x/e88cf35a24/avantree-torus-nb05-user-manual-v0.pdf

Thanks for the reply,phrunt (Simon?)

I’m not quick on electronics or computers.  I’ll give it another try after work.   There’s a lot I like about the Legend even though I’ve only had it out once so far, it’s a nice compliment to my main swing- Deus 2

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

Thanks for the reply,phrunt (Simon?)

I’m not quick on electronics or computers.  I’ll give it another try after work.   There’s a lot I like about the Legend even though I’ve only had it out once so far, it’s a nice compliment to my main swing- Deus 2

One thing I noticed when pairing my Avantree Torus to my Legend is I have to make sure the Bluetooth in my cell phone is off and also no other things with a Bluetooth connection like a lap top is near by, then I set the Bluetooth connection in my Legend to 1 and turn on the Avantree Torus neckband speaker and it pairs rite up

also as phrunt stated sometimes it takes a bit for them to pair, but once they do pair they connect almost immediately every time you boot up the Legend in the future

wish you would have said you were going to purchase the Avantree Torus because I would have advised you to purchase straight from Avantree site because when you purchase straight from the Avantree site they give you a two year warranty instead of a one year like when you purchase from eBay or Amazon

Got ‘em paired up -thanks for the help. 
These are indeed going to work out well. It’s nice to have the neck speaker option. I’m thinking about a similar arrangement for work depending on battery life. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

Got ‘em paired up -thanks for the help. 
These are indeed going to work out well. It’s nice to have the neck speaker option. I’m thinking about a similar arrangement for work depending on battery life. 

My Avantree Torus last about 2-3 days on a charge and I listen to music and metal detect with them they will alert you when they are getting low on charge

16 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Thanks for the helpful response. I got mine on eBay barely used for $30. 

that's a heck of a deal, I have been in contact with Avantree to produce a pair of Bone Conduction headphones that utilize aptX LL Bluetooth connection, so here is hoping LOL

I doubt they will with the aptX LL chipset discontinued.

• 3 months later...