Found this nice piece detecting over the weekend.  No clue what it was.

20230327_210629.jpg

• Like 8

No idea of scale but it could be part of a "lorgnette" or spectacle:9a4d5c72c797e55a78deead04f753030--filigree-lenses.jpg.3f5a76cd65578c3d465313098b4171ea.jpg

It could also be a salt holder handle:702_1of1_1000x.thumb.jpg.b40c54fd643c2d892a7e4ae5af1f92ea.jpg

Cool and unique find. 👍

• Like 5

20230327_211230.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like it was the end of a handle to something for sure.

Nice find and a great save, good luck on your next hunt.

what 350 said or a a mirror handle or anything of the sorts...I've got quite a few pieces of sterling from relic sites that are a part of something 🙂 nice find

strick 

Awesome find, Stering! Is that wood or rusty metal protruding from the bottom. Because the angle of the oval part is offset a bit and looks rounded inside, I was thinking it could be from a pair of very fine sewing scissors.

After clean more around the edges it states "terling", but the place where the s would be there is a blob of, what looks like silver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Awesome find, Stering! Is that wood or rusty metal protruding from the bottom. Because the angle of the oval part is offset a bit and looks rounded inside, I was thinking it could be from a pair of very fine sewing scissors.

Rust of some sort.

• Like 1

So it could have been from small steel scissors with sterling finger grips that possibly broke off when the steel rusted away.

• Like 5