Alaska Gold & Resort Nome

I’ve been to Nome before and the lower part of Alaska but never been to AKAU Resort. The last time I went to Alaska I put over 12 thousand miles on that cargo van before I got home.

I know a while back someone said they were going sometimes this year to this resort but I’m hoping someone has been there on here before.

Of all things my wife is telling me I need to go but when I ask if she is going to pay for it she says you got the money. You would think if she really wanted to get me out of town she should be willing to fit the bill.

Please let me hear from you if you been there .

Chuck 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I hadn’t looked at the price for detecting but I be dog gone they’ve gone up a hundred.

My biggest problem now is my wife don’t want me doing what I’ve been doing alone for years. 
Thanks guys for any reply .

Chuck 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I hadn’t looked at the price for detecting but I be dog gone they’ve gone up a hundred.

My biggest problem now is my wife don’t want me doing what I’ve been doing alone for years. 
Thanks guys for any reply .

Chuck 

Hey- she’s a good woman and helped raise a good guy!  You could make her happy by taking her someplace like Cancun, just don’t let her see your Nox hidden away in your luggage!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Of all things my wife is telling me I need to go but when I ask if she is going to pay for it she says you got the money. You would think if she really wanted to get me out of town she should be willing to fit the bill

Dude, if she is willing to let you go by yourself and you don't want to pay for it, then that's your problem.

Should you want her to go somewhere with you then she just might want something a little warmer, so wait a couple of months and take her out to the desert. Options are all over the world, just be reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not ever a joiner, but a group of like minded folks from N Idaho wanted to go, so we booked for 23 or so of us and were the first group there in June '19. I enjoyed the adventure and the people there immensely and even found some nuggets. It is NOT the kind of 'resort' for my wife at all, but when I am ready to go again I only have to say the word and she'll book it. Many of our group went up again last summer, but I wasn't able to make it.  Are you thinking of going this year?

• Like 1

A buddy of mine was there last August and he only found 5 grams of gold. He was very disappointed with accomodations and gold results as well as food portions. It doesn't appear he will be going back ever again. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

A buddy of mine was there last August and he only found 5 grams of gold. He was very disappointed with accomodations and gold results as well as food portions. It doesn't appear he will be going back ever again. 

It was 5 grams, that is a lot more than some people get. Now if was only 5 grains, a pan might be a better solutions. 😀 

• Like 2

It’s odd for some it’s the accommodation and food portions but for me if I missed a few meals it wouldn’t hurt me.

On the number of grams of gold is found you just don’t know how that’s going to come out. I remember one trip to Arizona after two weeks I couldn’t hold all the trash I found with both hands together. That trip not one fly speck of gold.

The adventure of different everyday life has to be part of your trip.

To answer a question is yes I’m thinking about going there this year. I’ve got to get my rear in gear if I am going. The down side I’ll be going it alone so I know zero people when I get there.

I thank each of you for your reply be it good bad are indifferent.

To me one week is a short time to be there but more than that gets costly.

If I’m going I’ll let you know and do the same when I get back.

My five pounds of gold I find may really be five grams with a true weight. I can’t help myself being from Texas.

Chuck 

• Like 3