4 hours ago, 338Edgeshooter said:

Is it possible to pair wireless earbuds directly to the Axiom for hot weather use? Or is the wr-1 and corded earbuds the only/best option?

Not sure if the wireless earbuds will work, I haven't any to try. I 'm using the WR-1 with wired, liking the set up but haven't been out on the gold yet for a hunt.

On 3/26/2023 at 4:35 PM, 338Edgeshooter said:

Is it possible to pair wireless earbuds directly to the Axiom for hot weather use? Or is the wr-1 and corded earbuds the only/best option?

My Bose earbuds work great plugged in directly with an 1/8” to 1/4” adapter. The Axiom 1/4” jack outlet is not special in any way, is the same as used on countless models over the decades (thanks Garrett for not jumping on the 1/8” bandwagon). Any normal wired options will work, though in the case of a mono/stereo mismatch an adapter may be required. Most metal detector headphones have a stereo mono switch for that reason, which is obviously lacking on earbuds. Another concern might be cable length. But they will work or can be made to work. The Axiom has a volume control that some nugget detectors lack so no problem there either.

• Like 1