Axiom Experience

I also am only new on the Axiom I also have a 6K from when they were first introduced. My thoughts so far on audio re. threshold and sensitivity is volume also should be factored in, as these 3 go hand in hand eg. set the volume on 1, up the sensitivity to full, adjust the threshold to be nice and stable handling hot ground but in doing so you have effectively dumbed down the sensitivity somewhat. A happy medium between these 3 settings is used to handle various ground along with fine/normal. GT off mostly. I use Avantree Torus neckband on speaker with an aptX BT transmitter velcroed on the Axiom as I have grown to love the Torus from use on the 6K.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Norvic, im intrigued, i dont think I would have thought to approach  the set up like that.   There is way more variation in how the audio reacts to changing those three setting than I would have expected.   (or compared to GPX 4500)  I dont have any experience with the 6000 yet.   What do you think about the clipped threshold Im experiencing?   If I crank up the threshold to get the faint but smooth buzzing mosquito  its too loud and dampens the sharpness of a target.    The difference happens between 17-20.  16-17 having the clipped audio response to a target breaking into the threshold.      I guess im attempting to replicate the sound profile of my gpx threshold.   Also I havent been able ,thus far, to run up the sensitivity higher than 4 for any length of time to see how that changes the threshold quality....  its really fun to be learning a new machine

• Like 3

I have not experienced the clipped threshold as have notnoticed, but will pay more attention now you mentioned it. The Axiom like the 4500 requires settings adjustments to suit ground conditions to bring out their best whereas the SDC and the 6K are more "auto". I am like you and enjoy the new machine, it is proving to be very capable and I feel will excel in the hands of users that "tweak".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1