Anyone Not Able To Post?

I have had my iPad not let me post - the keyboard does not appear. Doing a hard close of the app or hard reset fixes the issue. Another user reported the same issue. It appears to be an issue with Apple and Safari - never seen it on my PC. One user, Carolina, seems to not be able to get around the problem at all, though I'm not sure what devices or browsers he has tried as alternatives. I can't find anything on my side checking the software, and when I do a test post from his account is works just fine. A bit of a mystery and wondering if anyone else has seen issues recently. If so, what devices or browsers were involved, and what was the fix?

It's happening on my Ipad but not on my apple desk top both use safari..thought it was something on my end that I may have did. The post area on the Ipad is just a little thin box you cant open up...

strick 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2023 at 7:51 AM, strick said:

It's happening on my Ipad but not on my apple desk top both use safari..thought it was something on my end that I may have did. The post area on the Ipad is just a little thin box you cant open up...

strick 

That’s the basic symptom reported. A app force quit fixed it for me. This is not the same as a regular swipe up and close. Many people don't know it, but closing an app does not actually shut it down. It runs in the background forever unless you reboot the device, or do a forced reset.

I am typing on an iPad right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The iPad Mini 4 that I am using now has no problem, but my older iPad 3 has the issue, which I noticed a year or two ago, and I just figured that since the older iPad 3 can’t be updated to the latest IOS software anymore, then that’s why it has the issue…just a guess on my part.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lunk said:

The iPad Mini 4 that I am using now has no problem, but my older iPad 3 has the issue, which I noticed a year or two ago, and I just figured that since the older iPad 3 can’t be updated to the latest IOS software anymore, then that’s why it has the issue…just a guess on my part.

Could be. It was my really old iPad that I just replaced that had the problem. But even then a forced app reset fixed the issue.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Could be. It was my really old iPad that I just replaced that had the problem. But even then a forced app reset fixed the issue.

I’ll have to try that on mine; thanks, Steve.