X-Terra Pro And Air Bubble In Display

This isn't a huge grip or anything, but thought I'd throw it out there having seen it multiple times at this point.

Pre-ordered and received my first X-Terra Pro, and found the head unit had 3 small air bubbles trapped in the display. I thought at first it was just a protective film you would peel off often found on fresh electronics. This was not the case. It was between the plastic lens/screen over the LCD. It wasn't that bad, but noticeable enough to bother me. I tried to move the bubbles and it just got worse.

I sent it into Minelab, and as usual their customer service has always been great for me, and they quickly shipped me a new unit.

The new unit arrive a couple of days later with the same problem. This time the air bubble was almost the size of a dime. I was able to work the bubble out like a cellphone screen protector and fix the display myself. So I'm good and happy now.

While all this has been going on, I watched a video review and noticed someone else had air bubbles in their display! Then yesterday paying more attention here in the original forum post with early pics, it is clearly evident that unit had a another dime size air bubble top center. I'm surprised nobody even mentioned it. Posted here again for viewing.

Having had 2 units myself with the problem, and since seen other units from others displaying the same issue, I'm pretty convinced they have an assembly/manufacturing issue and/or QA problem going on with these. I doubt this will be the last post on the issue. Putting it out there for everyone. 

Otherwise, I just don't see a better product at this price point anywhere. Still baffled at how low they went on price considering the tech in the unit. If I was starting out again, I would be so stoked to find this machine on the shelf. 

IMG_20230205_162603.jpg.09ae443617661e6609bbaf60721a2206.jpg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

• 1 month later...

I bought new X-Terra Pro today at Bass Pro Shop in Katy Texas, and it has same problem....! Very disappointing. Plan on returning it tomorrow... not good to hear that I may encounter the same issue with replacement, if they have one available....

X_TERRA.jpg

IMG_8071.jpg

These screens dont still have the clear protection still on the control box do they and need peeling off,as that is what i have found over the years they give the same appearance as air bubbles under the screen.

Just received a Nox 900 yesterday and noted a small bubble on the screen. Haven't messed with it yet and not too happy about dealing with sending it back, if I do deal with it. HH Jim Tn

"...These screens don't still have the clear protection still on the control box do they and need peeling off, as that is what i have found over the years.... they give the same appearance as air bubbles under the screen....."

I will return it today and get someone in the store to attempt to see if it will peel off. Hope it is that simple... THANKS.

I feel like an idiot...! But a happy one...

Young man at Bass Pro Shop opened the box and immediately removed the film over the screen and gone are the bubbles..!!

I owe MineLab an apology..!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adc said:

I feel like an idiot...! But a happy one...

Young man at Bass Pro Shop opened the box and immediately removed the film over the screen and gone are the bubbles..!!

I owe MineLab an apology..!

Thanks to you...  I know what to look for now... o7   

• Like 1

My Manticore had a blue film over the screen, this made it more obvious it needs removed, I can see how people may think the clear film is part of the screen itself.  The blue was obvious it needed removed as it tinted the screen blue 🙂

• Like 3

• The title was changed to X-Terra Pro And Air Bubble In Display