Which One To Choose Xp Deus Or Xp Deus 2

Odin

10 hours ago, palzynski said:

El Deus2 va más profundo que el D1 debido a su multifrecuencia, especialmente en monedas grandes en profundidad. Entonces mi elección sería la D2. Si no necesita una caja de control, el D2 WS6 Master con alrededor de 800E es una opción excelente y asequible. 

deus 2 with control box, 28cm dish, ws6 headphones, they let me at 1300€, does it seem like a good price?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Odin said:

deus 2 with control box, 28cm dish, ws6 headphones, they let me at 1300€, does it seem like a good price?

Yes 1300E is a good price . Over here the same config is proposed at 1600E .
XP DEUS II Pack 28FMFRCWS6 - metaux-detection.fr

Just personally I prefer the 22cm coil , the 28cm is much heavier than the 22 ( 420 vs 330g ) , and the 22 is much more accurate and easier to use in the irons than the 28. 

These 2 coils are very different , the 28 is more a specialized coil for depth in clean areas while the 22 is much more polyvalent with almost he same depth than the 28 ...  

• Like 2

The one with 28 told me the one from the store, which is the most balanced between depth and discrimination, and I don't know what to do, have you tried the 2? hahaha

42 minutes ago, Odin said:

The one with 28 told me the one from the store, which is the most balanced between depth and discrimination, and I don't know what to do, have you tried the 2? hahaha

I have tested the 28 for a French shop ( Chateau Numis ) a year ago . Look at my report at Test XP DEUS 2 28FMF en terres intérieures (metaux-detection.fr)  , its in French I hope you can translate it using google ...

Long story short the test was very positive , except that the 28 is too front heavy for me as I like light machines .  And a pinpointer is required as it is quite difficult to center the targets with such a big coil..  

Then I preferred to wait for the 22 before buying a D2 . It was a good decision the 22 is the perfect coil for me ..  

For me the 22 is a must have for inland hunters you cant go wrong with it . The 28 is more dedicated to beach hunters or clean inland areas I think ...

• Like 3

I agree with palzunski, the 22cm (9in) coil has really worked well for me too. It is a joy to swing and I can cover small or huge areas with it. The only reason I'm looking at getting a large coil is to add to my detecting tool set. For beaches and fields that have sparse targets, I think a larger coil would be great, but I don't feel like I need it. Eventually I may collect all 3 coils, but in the mean time, my 22 is really working well for me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, palzynski said:

He probado el 28 para una tienda francesa (Chateau Numis) hace un año. Mira mi informe en  Test XP DEUS 2 28FMF en terres intérieures (metaux-detection.fr)   , está en francés, espero que puedas traducirlo usando google...

Para resumir, la prueba fue muy positiva, excepto que la 28 es demasiado pesada para mí, ya que me gustan las máquinas ligeras. Y se requiere un puntero, ya que es bastante difícil centrar los objetivos con una bobina tan grande.  

Entonces preferí esperar al 22 antes de comprarme un D2. fue una buena decision el 22 es la bobina perfecta para mi..  

Para mí, el 22 es imprescindible para los cazadores del interior, no puedes equivocarte con él. El 28 es más dedicado a los cazadores de playa o zonas interiores limpias creo...

very good article, because you already make me doubt, since where it detected is open field, you have clean soil and others something mineralized, I would like to be sure since the coils cost a lot, and right now the only measurements that the deus 2 has are the 22cm and 28cm if I'm not mistaken?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odin said:

very good article, because you already make me doubt, since where it detected is open field, you have clean soil and others something mineralized, I would like to be sure since the coils cost a lot, and right now the only measurements that the deus 2 has are the 22cm and 28cm if I'm not mistaken?

yes 22 and 28cm , there is even a bigger 34X28cm coil but this one is not for me lol🙂  .. .

Look at Accessories | XP METAL DETECTORS  for the detailed infos ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, palzynski said:

si 22 y 28cm, incluso hay una bobina mas grande de 34X28cm pero esta no es para mi jajaja 🙂   .. .

Mira  Accesorios | DETECTORES DE METALES XP   para obtener información detallada ...

I have looked at them and they do not put anything different from the 2 on their page, all the same characteristics, the only thing that changes is the weight, but it has always been said, small coils shallower, better discrimination, and large coils deeper worse discrimination,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Odin said:

I have looked at them and they do not put anything different from the 2 on their page, all the same characteristics, the only thing that changes is the weight, but it has always been said, small coils shallower, better discrimination, and large coils deeper worse discrimination,

That is generally correct, but that all varies with soil conditions and trash contamination. The 22cm and 28cm operate very close to the same in air and mild soil with little trash, but in high minerization and high trash, the 22 can perform better than the 28 because it's smaller size restricts the amount of ground noise and trash signals into the processor, while the 28 will allow more ground noise and trash signals into the processor reducing it's depth capability and reducing separation. But in cleaner ground, the 28 will outperform the 22 on depth. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

But in cleaner ground, the 28 will outperform the 22 on depth. 

Personally I didnt notice a depth outperformance between the 22 and 28 , just a slight improvement may be 2cms on a 10g coin at 30cm depth .  

Summary  :

28 :  - slightly deeper than the 22 on big targets in clean soils 
        - a pinpointer is required

22 :  - much lighter than the 28 (350g instead of 420) 
         - more accurate 
         - much better in the irons
         - more compact then easier to put in a rucksack

Odin , these are the 4 reasons why I use the 22 , personally loosing 2cms on big coins is not a big deal vs the 22 advantages 🙂 ... 

• Like 2