Which One To Choose Xp Deus Or Xp Deus 2

Odin

Good luck, enjoy yourself! I would have made the same choice of coil if it were me for a similar reason.  I'm quite impressed with the Deus 1 for prospecting being up there with the top few but for everything else for my needs not at all, the Deus 2 sounds the better choice and by all reports sounds an excellent detector for your needs.

I can't wait to hear how you go with it, plenty of enthusiasm and energy can only mean good finds will come your way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been toying with the idea of a D2 since its launch.  I have heavily invested in my D1, 4 coils, 3 shafts, ws4 &5 headphones also a wired set, remote. But after reading this thread, maybe I'll treat myself to one for my retirement in January.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Geoffsr said:

I've been toying with the idea of a D2 since its launch.  I have heavily invested in my D1, 4 coils, 3 shafts, ws4 &5 headphones also a wired set, remote. But after reading this thread, maybe I'll treat myself to one for my retirement in January.  

That's what I did, but made it an EARLY retirement gift.  I too was heavily invested in the Deus 1 eco system>4 coils, two remote/upper stem sets, WS4 headset and a few WS4 puck compatible over the ear phones.  Haven't gone back to Deus 1 since, even with the lack of a D2 compatible variant of the D1's small HF elliptical coil.  The HF coils were my go to coils for the Deus 1.  Always thought there would be something the D2 couldn't do that the D1 could, but haven't really run across that scenario personally. Though, D2 does seem to lag behind the D1 in sub-gram natural gold sensitivity.  That drawback doesn't really affect relic, coin, jewelry, or beach hunting though and since the 9" HF coil was my favorite on the D1, not missing the small HF elliptical as much as I thought I would, either.  I just immediately feel I'm putting myself at a disadvantage whenever I consider detecting with the D1 versus the D2 and all of the user interface quirks (hard to operate pushbuttons, smaller screen, D1 remotes vulnerability to water) all deter me from pulling it out even just for old time's sake.  Running D1 is like night versus D2's daylight.

• Like 4

I've been using the deus 2 for 1 month now, and I only have good words for this machine, every time I go out with the deus 2, I really enjoy it, it's incredible how deep it is, the sensitivity it has, it identifies both large and super small targets from up to a few millimeters, it is so sensitive that it alerts you to targets that are close to the diameter of the coil without actually being inside the coil, in soil with a lot of garbage it is great, in highly mineralized soil it is great and in clean soil it is already It is something incredible, I took out a coin that with a minimal sign and already bored of digging I thought that there was nothing and a not very large coin came out and I was amazed since the ground was very hard and compacted. I just want to say that every day I'm glad I bought the deus 2, and thank you for advising me, I already have enough coins, some silver from 1600AD, objects like old buttons, medals of saints, etc., also scrap metal, as happens to us. everyone hahaha.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 8:28 PM, Odin said:

I've been using the deus 2 for 1 month now, and I only have good words for this machine, every time I go out with the deus 2, I really enjoy it, it's incredible how deep it is, the sensitivity it has, it identifies both large and super small targets from up to a few millimeters, it is so sensitive that it alerts you to targets that are close to the diameter of the coil without actually being inside the coil, in soil with a lot of garbage it is great, in highly mineralized soil it is great and in clean soil it is already It is something incredible, I took out a coin that with a minimal sign and already bored of digging I thought that there was nothing and a not very large coin came out and I was amazed since the ground was very hard and compacted. I just want to say that every day I'm glad I bought the deus 2, and thank you for advising me, I already have enough coins, some silver from 1600AD, objects like old buttons, medals of saints, etc., also scrap metal, as happens to us. everyone hahaha.

Finally you did the good choice , well done ... Dont hesitate to post pics of your finds especially the coins , I am curious to see what can be found in Spain vs over here in France thanks ...

• Like 2