Strangest Beach Gold Yet!

Great find considering how small it is. Hard to locate small targets in all that sand sometimes. I've found a few partial plates (2 or 3 teeth) before and some gold grills as well. Not very often considering how many targets you can dig before finding something like that. It's easier to find a gold ring than dental gold.

• Like 4

There are several threads here with gold found from the mouth.  It is a wonder sometimes how it gets to the place where you find it.

Sovereigns are 22ct and was used by back yard dentist to make false dentures. The photo below are of my bother in-law beach hunt dentures with a 2 Oz nugget and Aus. $2 coin back in the mid 1980's.

image.jpeg.a5bb33dccaf3c5dd64fc9fbaf1a71717.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 3

31 minutes ago, Matt4gold said:

Nice looking chunk of gold.  Have gotten a weight on it?

2.5 grams

• Like 3

I have one of my old ones buried in my coin garden 😄.

- Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice find...those are hard targets...never found  crown but have found 3 grills...this one is my favorite. 

strick

thumbnail (10).jpeg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 2

Having found several gold crowns over the years, I think that most, if not all, were from cremation urns. I became convinced of this when I found 3 on one hunt and all looked similar. I'm pretty sure that the melting point of most gold crown alloys is higher than the typical cremation temperature. My local beaches have also produced a few cremation tags so it must be a popular place to spread cremation ashes.

• Like 5