2nd 1909s Wheat In A Month

Nice! The only 1909S I ever found was at an old school on the southern Oregon coast.  It wasn’t in very good condition either…

• Thanks 1

You can't magic marker a VDB on that baby? 😄 What a nice coin! Any S mint mark on early wheats is a great find. Now you need the S Indians.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

You can't magic marker a VDB on that baby? 😄 What a nice coin! Any S mint mark on early wheats is a great find. Now you need the S Indians.

Thx HardNox.  I know we are fortunate on the left coast to have more desirable S mints.  I have pulled one 08s IHC in very nice shape...still waiting on the 09s.  Posted it on the coin cleaning thread.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Nice! The only 1909S I ever found was at an old school on the southern Oregon coast.  It wasn’t in very good condition either…

I see you are in Ohio Geologyhound. You make the move back east at some point?  Not much draw on the Southern Oregon coast if you aren't from around the area, other than Hwy 101, the Rouge River and some pretty good looking countryside!  Born and raised on the central Oregon coast myself.

Born in the valley, raised in Coos County, OSU grad (go Beavers!), married and moved to Ohio.   Still have a bunch of Madras thunder eggs and Rabbit Basin sun stones as well as some Holly blue.  So, I still have a bit of Oregon with me.😁

13 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

Born in the valley, raised in Coos County, OSU grad (go Beavers!), married and moved to Ohio.   Still have a bunch of Madras thunder eggs and Rabbit Basin sun stones as well as some Holly blue.  So, I still have a bit of Oregon with me.😁

Hey, a fellow Beaver and a coastie!   I never used to get much further south than Tenmile myself.  Funny, I've spent a lot of time roaming around Lakeview, Rabbit basin/Plush and FrenchGlen.  Not a whole lot out there but fresh air and open space!  Ticks and Rattlesnakes seem to thin out the herd😆

Only place in my life I’ve ever seen the central bulge of the Milky Way - camping out in Rabbit Basin.  A long way from city lights…

• Like 1