GPX 4500 + 12" Evo Maiden Run

bado1

Purchased a GPX- 4500 package and an additional 12" round NF Evolution coil from Chris at AZO and took it for it's maiden run today. It was toasty in Central AZ today but I just had to give the new set up a go for a few hours. Not a bad first run... scored three little nugs.

IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0757.JPG

Totally HOT set up:cool:.

Dean

• Like 7

LukeJ,

I was missing the SDC yesterday after an hour or so of pushing the 12" coil through the clumps of grass. Maneuvering the 8" SDC coil in and around and under stuff is much easier on the arm. Definitely gonna have to get a smaller coil like the 8" for the GPX. The SDC is much more immune to hot rocks as well. I didn't realize how many there were on this patch until yesterday!

Dean

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bado1 said:

Not a bad first run... scored three little nugs.

That's a great first run!  I hope I do half that good when I finally get out to the field in a few weeks. 

Mr BDo1

You can barrow my 7000 for a week or so and get your arm in shape. That would make your 4500 feel like a Gold bug. It's too bad the Arizona heat melted that nugget into three pieces.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, klunker said:

Mr BDo1

You can barrow my 7000 for a week or so and get your arm in shape. That would make your 4500 feel like a Gold bug. It's too bad the Arizona heat melted that nugget into three pieces.

:laugh::laugh:

Point made, Klunker! I'll stop complaining!! 

What week can I borrow your 7000? I've got some time off over the week of the 4th:wink:. Are you guys burning up over there?

Dean