Total Gold For 2022

Nice looking gold and wish you good luck on finding much more soon.

Stay safe out there.

Mr. O.M.C.1;

I have analyzed the nuggets and the weight shown in your photo, used an actuary algorithm, multiplied the result by Pi times radius squared and determined that searching for and finding those nuggets has added 1.385 years to your life. Therefore congratulations are in order.

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

I confess I know nothing about prospecting, but that doesn't seem to be a lot of gold for a whole summer's worth of detecting. Is this par for the course, or do you need better them thar hills? 

Not too bad for many find nothing for their summer swinging for nuggets. Metal detecting is by far the most challenging method for finding gold.  Every year it becomes more difficult.

• Like 2

Very nice, I like your style, skip the little ones and straight to the heavy slugs! Congrats

They do indeed look a lot like ancient river slugs, perhaps from the time of the Biblical flood.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 11:31 AM, SwiftSword said:

I confess I know nothing about prospecting, but that doesn't seem to be a lot of gold for a whole summer's worth of detecting. Is this par for the course, or do you need better them thar hills? 

It really depends on many things like time spent in the field, experience, quality of the location(s), limiting physical conditions, weather, and how serious one takes the hobby? The man found gold and obviously had some fun, that's probably what 99% of us "hobby" guys are after?  Simple math: 9.5g @ approx $65/gram is $617.50 minus 20% if you sell is still $494.....  One well known member here told me he went 6yrs before 1st nugg, My first ever trip out for gold I popped a 2.3g nugg then 2nd day out another 2.3g nugg.  First thought was "there's nothing to this, I'm gonna be RICH!"  Things went south after those first 2 days...lol  Main thing is... he didn't get skunked and had fun and came home with some nice nuggies!!!!!

JMO's

• Like 5