Share Favourite Photos From Your Gold And Relic Trips

8 hours ago, GotAU? said:

If I didn’t know where you are from, I’d swear these are Valley Oak trees in the Sierra foothills in central California’s motherload country! Some of my favorite places I’ve been!

Wow that's cool. Very typical Adelaide Hills farm land, adjacent to some pine forests. 

• Like 2

F9F4C2C3-6A0E-4A2B-B3BB-611A410432ED.thumb.jpeg.497db0a860600907711c60870c02b294.jpeg

A beautiful little spot to detect. A nice piece of gold was pulled from bedrock   in about a foot of water. (Just below the tree on the left hand side) The best part was to share the day with a good mate and video the gold reveal.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Lesgold said:

Camping on the gold fields at Tibooburra

2F94F49B-1780-4661-B3EB-DDB332441F5E.thumb.jpeg.ac4396689c0c0bebed0a30f455b4a096.jpeg

17D898F8-F1B6-43F6-8B5C-87B15608C119.thumb.jpeg.6dd251d8618c8dbc461627ed904832cc.jpeg

Somehow the search for yellow was a secondary pursuit.

Nice, I'm planning a trip this winter, August, I need to book the ferry soon. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GotAU? said:

If I didn’t know where you are from, I’d swear these are Valley Oak trees in the Sierra foothills in central California’s motherload country! Some of my favorite places I’ve been!

I've not been to California, but from photos and film parts of it are remarkably similar to parts of Australia, you even have gum trees. {eucalypts} 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blackjack said:

I've not been to California, but from photos and film parts of it are remarkably similar to parts of Australia, you even have gum trees. {eucalypts} 

Yes, thanks for the gum trees!  We try burning them every year, have bugs now that eat them (thrips), but we have no koalas so they just keep growing back!  I hear Africa now has California poppies growing wild as weeds, have you seen any in Australia?

• Like 1