Share Favourite Photos From Your Gold And Relic Trips

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Yes, thanks for the gum trees!  We try burning them every year, have bugs now that eat them (thrips), but we have no koalas so they just keep growing back!  I hear Africa now has California poppies growing wild as weeds, have you seen any in Australia?

No not poppies, I would much prefer them to gorse, a really terrible weed here in Tasmania and Victoria.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dorado said:

A few photos from West Australia, north of Meekathara. The gold is about the only time I have hit a patch

A few bush flies ,after all the rain.

Cheers

IMG_2029.jpg

A few bush flies ,after all the rain. There was even more in Leonora in 2004 with no rain, they were looking for eyes to go for a swim.🫣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

A few photos from West Australia, north of Meekathara. The gold is about the only time I have hit a patch

A few bush flies ,after all the rain.

Cheers

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

NUGGS.jpg

Great photos, as an ex West Australian I know about the flies after rain, before rain, during rain, no rain..... For me the desert areas are much better without the rain. Great after rain, but it's dried, especially in late winter for the wild flowers. Pretty ordinary when it's wet, nothing sticks like that red dirt when it gets wet !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bootscrape said:

B0B5DFBB-0D19-463D-B9C3-7E402CBE4E11.jpeg

Did you check that dirt for any nuggets?? And yes I mean BEFORE you sat on the seat 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/12/2023 at 3:35 PM, Bootscrape said:

Since there are many members here from different countries and points of the compass, I thought it may be interesting to start a pictorial thread. Show us favourite pics of the countryside you pass through or hunt in for gold and relics. 

I will kick it off with these from country South Australia.

The Flinders Ranges.

A8AAB36B-3C28-45A2-AEDC-E48F8CFEB5BD.jpeg

A76D04E0-BA4F-4236-9ADC-834DD26D3122.jpeg

38A8B459-380B-474C-97C8-8B22A83F749F.jpeg

4617F4D8-DDC6-400A-962F-15A659541D46.jpeg

Hey Bootscrape, to see the Flinders ranges, approaching Port Augusta, after crossing the Nullarbor is a sight I never get tired of. Fuel and maccas in Port Augusta then left through Horrocks Pass to Wilmington, does life get any better than that !