New Steve's 3 Piece Shaft For The 800!!!!! It's Awesome!!!

dogodog

A month or so back I contacted Steve to make me a new carbon 3 piece shaft for the 800. I sent him some detailed dimensions that I was after since I'm a taller fellow. He was waiting to get some new clamps for the smaller end shaft he was working on and said it might take a bit. Well today it arrived and boy am I happy with the results. It's about 2 inches longer than my 900 shaft and is way stiffer. If your in the market for a USA made 3 piece shaft then Steves Detector Rods  is your man. His work is amazing and you will not be disappointed. This is way better than factory. The 900 is on the right and Steves 800 shaft is on the left. If you guys and gals have never used Steves shafts before its time to give him a call. Thanks Steve!!!!!

sg2.jpg

sg1.jpg

sg3.jpg

• Like 5

THANK YOU for the very kind words!  I'm so glad that you are pleased, and I enjoyed making the shaft for you!

Steve

• Like 2

Nice looking gear Doggo! 👍

Kinda cool to see the two together like that. 🙂

Looks like SteveG was able to get it down, did you have to shorten or eliminate the positioning pin on the 800?

Also like the green snake wrap. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Yeah you have to dremel the lower bracket hole nub. I put some really thin 2 sided tape around the shaft for extra grip, but pretty sure you wouldn't need it. Steve is the man, He also is making bottom shafts for the 900. These shafts make it a ton easier to pack up for trips. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I bought the two piece shaft for my 800, from Steve and love it. I was not aware of the 3 piece and kinda wish I’d heard of it before my purchase. Now I need to reach out to Steve and get the 3 piece. I’ll have the two piece for sale after my order.

Thanks Steve, you’ll be hearing from me soon.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I bought the two piece shaft for my 800, from Steve and love it. I was not aware of the 3 piece and kinda wish I’d heard of it before my purchase. Now I need to reach out to Steve and get the 3 piece. I’ll have the two piece for sale after my order.

Thanks Steve, you’ll be hearing from me soon.

Jamie -- my apologies that you were not aware of something you would have preferred!  I'm always happy to do "custom" shafts, and I try to make it known that this is something I do rather frequently.  I have considered the 3-piece shafts "custom" shafts, as opposed to advertising them as a "standard" offering particularly because of the need for the customer to file down that "nipple" on the shaft.  But, perhaps I need to do a better job getting the word out that it's definitely "do-able" (the fully telescopic 3-piece shaft).

In any case, I'll be happy to help, if you'd like one!

Thanks,

Steve